Alan Pardew

JH

What I was happy about most of all today was that we finally got the ball down and passed it out from the back. That's how we were able to hit them so fast on the counter. At least that should put paid to the theory that we haven't got the defenders capable of passing the ball 6 yards.

Not really. Don't remember any of the counters starting from a defender. For the goals at least.

Not from a defender but we still passed from a defensive position deep in our own half rather than hoof it clear. That's what I meant.

Not best pleased with second half, but getting best out of HBA now, seems to be heading in right direction too, though second half still too much hoofball. In fact it seems to be second halfs being the problem repeatedly, need to get that sorted, but overall keep it up pards, was worried about our slump.

He's got a good knack of getting the best out of pretty average players. Raylor, Guthrie and Perch have all improved under him.

Not just average players, Ben Arfa is a far more effective player too.

Not that Pardew will be given any credit mind.

Hopefully we'll play like that for the rest of the season. I'm not talking that level, because you can't play like that every week... just with the intention to play in that style.

It's so obvious with the players we have.

He's got a good knack of getting the best out of pretty average players. Raylor, Guthrie and Perch have all improved under him.

Best goalscoring season of his career?

We would be winning the league by now if that bottling cunt Pardew played him earlier.

Guest Howaythetoon

He picked the right side, put players in the right positions and set them up to play in the right way and as a result several of our players shined, we won comfortably and our football was at times, fantastic. That's all Pardew has to do, every week. Because we have the players to play like this, to beat teams like this, in the way we did. Ben Arfa was sensational and so too was Jonas. Cisse was dangerous and Ba was like an extra man in midfield at times. Guthrie dictated things from the middle and Cabaye pressed and broke up play. Perch was excellent at left-back and Colo was himself until he went off. Krul and Williamson were both at fault for their goal and Simpson was poor going forward and on the ball but he defended well. The subs and tactics were bang on too. Just after we went 2-0 up there was a spell of hoof ball which was worrying but even when they got one back we looked to get the ball and keep it and we did in the main. I don't mind those kind of second half's by the way, where we kill a game by clever possession, pressure etc. Its only when we hood it and drop deep and look to contain that gets me  ranting and raving. Anyway credit where credit is due Pardew. Its still only one game though. Noticebly since Ben Arfa is getting games we look to play it around more and look more of a goal threat.

We would be winning the league by now if that bottling cunt Pardew played him earlier.

I don't understand you in this thread, Jon. :lol: Who you annoyed with?  Just call them out because posts like that are getting annoying.

I do think Ben Arfa should have had more time on the pitch this season but am glad we're seeing the best of him now.  Goalscoring record's looking very decent as well.  Looks like we need to ensure Ba, Cisse and HBA are on the pitch and furthest forward and not hoof the ball and we'll cause any team problems.  If Pardew understands that then fantastic, today was immensely encouraging and I'd love to see us push on.

I think they put us under fair amount of pressure second half, not sure we killed it off quite that effectively...still done fine in the end, maybe just my huge nerves whenever simpson or williamson went near the ball

That's the way to kill a game, by retaining possession as we did in the second half.

Up there with Man United and Stoke as one of our best performances. :thup:

Yup. Thoroughly professional performance in the 2nd when they threatened to get back into it. Just took the sting right of it.

I see on the training ground this week a new buoyancy among us and I do think we’ll play better on Sunday than we did against Norwich. I’m convinced of that.

Fingers crossed. ;)

Just proves we can can do it when his philosophy for a particular game is more positive. :thup:

Hopefully we'll play like that for the rest of the season. I'm not talking that level, because you can't play like that every week... just with the intention to play in that style.

It's so obvious with the players we have.

:thup:

I see on the training ground this week a new buoyancy among us and I do think we’ll play better on Sunday than we did against Norwich. I’m convinced of that.

Fingers crossed. ;)

Just proves we can can do it when his philosophy for a particular game is more positive. :thup:

Exactly, I'm not sure why certain people are trying to get their I told you so's in, that was NOT the nufc some of us have been complaining about today, it was the same players deployed in a different formation and intention to better effect, like we've been asking for.

Dear me.

He picked the right side, put players in the right positions and set them up to play in the right way and as a result several of our players shined, we won comfortably and our football was at times, fantastic. That's all Pardew has to do, every week. Because we have the players to play like this, to beat teams like this, in the way we did. Ben Arfa was sensational and so too was Jonas. Cisse was dangerous and Ba was like an extra man in midfield at times. Guthrie dictated things from the middle and Cabaye pressed and broke up play. Perch was excellent at left-back and Colo was himself until he went off. Krul and Williamson were both at fault for their goal and Simpson was poor going forward and on the ball but he defended well. The subs and tactics were bang on too. Just after we went 2-0 up there was a spell of hoof ball which was worrying but even when they got one back we looked to get the ball and keep it and we did in the main. I don't mind those kind of second half's by the way, where we kill a game by clever possession, pressure etc. Its only when we hood it and drop deep and look to contain that gets me  ranting and raving. Anyway credit where credit is due Pardew. Its still only one game though. Noticebly since Ben Arfa is getting games we look to play it around more and look more of a goal threat.

:thup:

Some of the gloating in here is pathetic.  :lol:

Nobody wants us to play poor football, nobody wants Pardew to fail because if he does, we all do.

Some people think we've been playing some negative shit while getting results and I think most who do think we've played some negative shit thought that the current players were capable of better, today we've shown that they are.  Maybe the wrong people are the ones who are actually gloating, just a thought.