Alan Pardew

JH

Got to be manager of the season.

Probably going to give it to Lambert or Rogers.

Can't decide if it's Newcastle bias that I feel he should get it over them. They've clearly done fantastic jobs at their clubs, and impressed everyone with their own ability in the process. But considering where everyone thought we were as a club, the quality of our squad, if we can stay 6th or higher I'd say he's well worth winning it. If we drop down to 7th I'd say it'd be open to more debate.

They would never ever give it to the team finishing 6th, unless it was Swansea or Norwich doing it. It'll be Ferguson (holding off Mancini and all their millions) or Mancini (beating the old master etc etc).

Guest ToonZA

Pards needs to relax a bit on all his 'planning' and so on...The team looked like they were enjoying themselves on Sunday.

They did hey. Sometimes you just have to unleash the bastards on 'em.

Or perhaps this was the result of the accumulation of all the "one day a week' sessions they spend with Carver?  :D  :eek:

(The above comment should not taken seriously)

Can't decide if it's Newcastle bias that I feel he should get it over them. They've clearly done fantastic jobs at their clubs, and impressed everyone with their own ability in the process. But considering where everyone thought we were as a club, the quality of our squad, if we can stay 6th or higher I'd say he's well worth winning it. If we drop down to 7th I'd say it'd be open to more debate.

They would never ever give it to the team finishing 6th, unless it was Swansea or Norwich doing it. It'll be Ferguson (holding off Mancini and all their millions) or Mancini (beating the old master etc etc).

Not that anyone really cares about the award, but it would be a joke if one of them got it (especially Fergie). Too many other deserving managers this season.

Guest ToonZA

Agreed. Probably Ferguson if he wins the title (the injuries and lack of real quality in their squad would count in his favour). Can't see it being given to anyone else other than the league winners.

Guest BooBoo

Man City are reminding me terribly of our 1996 season. Unplayable before Christmas, they now are stuttering, certainly away from home and are so reliant in the excellent home results. At the minute I wouldn't put a penny on them winning on the road.

Too many of their game winning players have gone off the boil. For Balotelli and Silva see Ferdinand and Ginola for us in the second half of 95/96.

I think Man Utd will win it quite comfortably in the end.

To me the top 3 coaches P4P is Pardew, Rodgers and Lambert i would have put Redknapp but unless they sort themselves out i dont see them finishing any higher than expected.

Utd and City are expected to win the league they deserve f*ck all, everyone expected Norwich and Swansea to go down and alot of people tipped us to follow suit so those 3 have overachieved the most imo.

What the LMA and the Premier League actually do is another thing entirely.

This week has reminded me another thing I like about Pards, he rarely bemoans luck with injuries etc, tends to concentrate instead on bigging up his squad and the strengths of required replacements - could help explain how he seems to get so many decent performances out of fringe players. To be where we are despite having to regularly field committed but limited players like Perch, Raylor, Guthrie, Ameobi and Williamson is remarkable really.

He pretty much the anti-Souness in this regard.

What were the Pardew haters saying about Sir Bobby during his first full season where a team with Solano, Shearer, Lee, Speed, Given were coasting along to 11th in the league?

Shearer only played 19 games that season while his partner Cort played only 13.

Not a Pardew hater btw.

This week has reminded me another thing I like about Pards, he rarely bemoans luck with injuries etc, tends to concentrate instead on bigging up his squad and the strengths of required replacements - could help explain how he seems to get so many decent performances out of fringe players. To be where we are despite having to regularly field committed but limited players like Perch, Raylor, Guthrie, Ameobi and Williamson is remarkable really.

He pretty much the anti-Souness in this regard.

What were the Pardew haters saying about Sir Bobby during his first full season where a team with Solano, Shearer, Lee, Speed, Given were coasting along to 11th in the league?

Shearer only played 19 games that season while his partner Cort played only 13.

Not a Pardew hater btw.

Aye, seem to remember a long run second half of that season with Ameobi & Gallacher starting up front?

Two non-PL winning managers. :lol: Fucking joke. Renders the award useless tbh, like that wasn't known already anyway.

will be the same again, almost certain even if city win the title fergie will win the award for some crap like "the brave fight against the money of man city"