Alan Pardew

JH

Confidence in him slowly growing, feels good. I definitely trust him more than any Newcastle manager we've had since I've been following.

You've started following us post Joe Kinnear then? ???

Edit: Too slow. :lol:

He's comfortably the best we've had since the Bobster. It's not like there's much competition like.

Well, seriously, if Keegan had been given more time and the same backing as Pardew, things might had turned out the same way just with KK in charge.

I certainly would have trusted him more than Pardew.

At the moment, Pardew is on his way to get to some of the same level...

Maybe it would've worked out well, who knows, but I know for sure that my trust level in regards to KK will always be low.

FWIW, I think we'll win one, draw one and lose one of our next three (not sure which is which) against Bolton, Stoke and Wigan.

It should keep us in the fight for 5th going to Stamford Bridge though.

Love a bit of negativity after a win.

Negativity ffs :lol:

Oh, sorry, our expectations are just too high.

FWIW, I think we'll win one, draw one and lose one of our next three (not sure which is which) against Bolton, Stoke and Wigan.

It should keep us in the fight for 5th going to Stamford Bridge though.

Love a bit of negativity after a win.

Negativity ffs :lol:

Oh, sorry, our expectations are just too high.

Eh? What?

His Ba for Ferguson sub worked out well. Kind of thinking I like, albeit one can be too reactive.

Ferguson did look more involved, but from what I can see he seemed very off the pace, reminds me of how off the pace Viana was in that Euro game before he went.

Perfect tactics from him today. Like the Stoke game...he understood what they are about and played to deal with it. Let them pass themselves out of the game, basically.

10/10 from him.

Got to say, pretty much spot on.

Let them play themselves into nowhere and catch them on the break.  Didn't play ourselves into the ground and conserved energy to play on Monday.  The possession stats will show otherwise but this was a game that from the point where Cisse scored the first goal we were always in control.

Guest Phil K

Any divvees that agree with the decision to sack Hughton, do you genuinely think this goon is an improvement?

Incredibly, as it's turned out - YES !

(Not a dig at Sewelly at all - just a reflection of how most us felt about Alan Pardew, but fairs fair we seem to have turned out very wrong indeed.)

Any divvees that agree with the decision to sack Hughton, do you genuinely think this goon is an improvement?

(Not a dig at Sewelly at all - just a reflection of how most us felt about Alan Pardew, but fairs fair we seem to have turned out very wrong indeed.)

:D

Got absolutely no problem being wrong here.

Yeah, you can't hold that against Sewelly. Going by Hughton's success and Pardew's past it was a reasonable thing to say at the time!

Yeah, you can't hold that against Sewelly. Going by Hughton's success and Pardew's past it was a reasonable thing to say at the time!

Absolutely. The majority were absolutely fuming at the circumstances surrounding the whole affair. Doubt anyone could have envisaged what's happened in the last year  :aww:

Fancy a poll reset, like. Feel proper dirty being on "ok".

He's come back well from two patches where we've looked a bit suss. Won me over, tbf.

He's certainly changed It around in the past few games but I have massive doubts in him long term. Glad he's got the message though, we can play football with this team.

Has an uncanny knack of getting great performances out of average players.

Got it spot on again, superb stuff.

The early goal helped us massively as it meant that we could stay nice and compact, concede possession until they threatened and see the game out. We never had to have a real pop at them to score so the game was a  bit dull for the neutral. I think we all know they've got zero cutting edge and look great passing it around but not when you've got no cunt to put the ball in the net.