Llambias

Tooj

Some of the defence of the invasion and this has been shocking tbh.

Nobody bats an eyelid when a bunch of fans run onto the pitch to celebrate winning a trophy/staying up/whatever, nor when the fans launch a tirade of abuse at Llambias/Ashley/whooever in the stands.

What's the difference between that and running onto the pitch in a pre-season friendly and hurling abuse to the bloke in the bar?

Yes there was violence but it was just a select few and nobody is condoning it. Nor will Llambias have been physically attacked, or he'd not have stayed for the match.

Overreactions on all parts IMO.

Don't think anybody who is lambasting the violence is overreacting :lol:

Go and twist my words then.

You'd think all 500 NUFC fans ran on the pitch and started nutting people the way some are going on. It was an idiot few and it's completely unacceptable.

It's nowhere near as bad as is being made out though. Find those that were violent and ban them.

Don't think anybody who is lambasting the violence is overreacting :lol:

Go and twist my words then.

You'd think all 500 NUFC fans ran on the pitch and started nutting people the way some are going on. It was an idiot few and it's completely unacceptable.

It's nowhere near as bad as is being made out though. Find those that were violent and ban them.

Can imagine Llambias getting through his front door, taking off his hat, and wiping a big gremma off his face.

Wife asks '  How'd it go chuck?'

Derek replies ' Not good Doris, they spat at me again, I just don't understand'

'It's ok Dick, I'll put Shirley Bassey on and we'll have a hobnob and a cuppa'

Guest pont-toon

Vile abuse. :lol:

The man deserves to be hung from his bollocks and hit with sticks. Disgusting old b******.

here here

Not bothered about the man to be honest - just another Ashley stooge taking his coin to field questions in front of the media.  Has absolutely no power to affect the running of the club and is just an employee on the books to deflect attention from where is should be focused.

Guest Geordiesned

I'm sure he can write in his programme notes on the opening day what a bunch of ungrateful bastards we all are.

Cunt.

Not bothered about the man to be honest - just another Ashley stooge taking his coin to field questions in front of the media.  Has absolutely no power to affect the running of the club and is just an employee on the books to deflect attention from where is should be focused.

Llambias runs the club on a daily basis, stooge or not.

Llambias runs the club on a daily basis, stooge or not.

Running something on a daily basis can mean a lot of things - hiring booking staff, which sandwich supplier will fill up the machines each day, organising the bin collections etc.  What major decisions do you think Lamblias makes autonimously?  Transfer budgets?  Sponsorship?  OKaying transfer targets?  Player wages?  Very few of those, if any I'd wager.

Running something on a daily basis can mean a lot of things - hiring booking staff, which sandwich supplier will fill up the machines each day, organising the bin collections etc.  What major decisions do you think Lamblias makes autonimously?  Transfer budgets?  Sponsorship?  OKaying transfer targets?  Player wages?  Very few of those, if any I'd wager.

He'll be more involved with the tasks you think he'll not, than the ones you think he will be involved with.

Will Ashley invest more of his cash in speculative signings after his mate Dekka has been called a cockney cunt and chased from a local pub? Hmmm..I wonder...?

Barry Moat, come on down!

Mrs Llambias: Derrick, why haven't you called? You know how I worry.

Dekka:    I'm givin' it up, Maggie. I'm quitting the club. [removes his jacket, and places it on a coat rack, then walks to a desk]

Mrs:    Quitting the club? You?

Dekka:    None of it makes sense anymore. [sits down and unloads his frustrations] I don't even know if what we're doing is right. The last thirteen days we've been working on a case, trying to get a real top class player off the books. And when I walked up to the fans today, I could have sworn they weren't happy. Maybe I can't tell the difference anymore. Maybe it doesn't matter. Because it seems like every time we get rid of one of these important people at the club the fans turn against me again in no time. It's just like Doug Ellis. Do you know how hard he worked to destroy that club? The tireless hours he put in?? And then he just gets cast off because somebody messed up and tells some Yank that he should buy a football club and run it the right way. I guess I'm just tired. I'm just damn tired.

Mrs:    [approaches and consoles him] Not another word of that kind of talk, Derek Llambias. [he looks up at her] Believe me I would love nothin' more than to have you quit the club and no longer have to worry about whether or not you're comin' home. But I know you. Lying to the fans and destroying their football club is in your blood. Wipin' that joyful smile off their faces is the only thing that puts a smile on yours. You're a good chairman, Derek Llambias. You don't have to question that. Because I'm here to tell you. [she caresses him, he kisses her hand]

Dekka:    And you're a good wife, Maggie. You know me better than I know myself. [abruptly rises and goes to the coat rack]

Mrs:    Where're you goin'?

Dekka:    Think I've got a little more work to do. [puts on his coat and heads outside]