Is Mike Ashley the worst person ever to have been associated with NUFC?

AlanSkÃrare

In my time I'd go

McKeag Snr

Ashley

FFS

McKeag Jnr

on th owner front

Gordon McKeag was ineffective and limited but the complete opposite of Ashley i.e. old school gentleman.

Talking of owners though, irony is you get a club like Middlesbrough who have a universally respected and popular owner, who's local and undoubtedly loves his club and look where they are !

The McKeags were small time local solicitors who used to have an office at the city end of Jesmond Road - there was very little gentlemanly about their behaviour - i don't think the old man ever put a cent into the Club

Lord Westwood looked the part but when asked to sign a guarantee in the early 80's for about £16k he resigned - it was a lot of money then - say £ £50k today but given what he and his old man had taken out over the years it was a bloody disgrace

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/12/13/1292249469283/Mike-Ashley-006.jpg

Only one I found amusing in that whole thing. Those things normally come out with some gems but I thought that was a shocking selection :lol:

• 1 month later...