OFFICIAL WELCOME TO NUFC Mr PARDEW THREAD.

Crumpy Gunt

On the contrary, I think it is madness to allow Ashley to get off scott-free with his reprehensible actions.  Pardew, no matter which way you look at it, is a manifestation of these actions.  I won't go so far as to wish leprosy on his c*ck, but I certainly won't get behind the guy, and tacitly give Ashley a reach-around.  The cycle stops here with me. 

I bet Stu called all the anti-war campaigners 'unpatriotic' for not supporting the troops. Stop conflating the issue of supporting the club and supporting the regime. You can support the club and be against the regime, even if the latter position means that you don't show up on Saturdays.

With all the negativity with regards to Pardews arrival I can see SJP being a threadbare place to be next season when folk with the courage of their convictions get the opportunity to make the ultimate protest. Those without the commitment of a season ticket for this season can get a headstart. Who's got a ticket for Liverpool and isn't now going?

Is it not possible to seperate the departure... from the arrival?

With all the negativity with regards to Pardews arrival I can see SJP being a threadbare place to be next season when folk with the courage of their convictions get the opportunity to make the ultimate protest. Those without the commitment of a season ticket for this season can get a headstart. Who's got a ticket for Liverpool and isn't now going?

Is it not possible to seperate the departure... from the arrival?

me and my mate got man city tickets and are thinking of returning them, lot will depend on the next 2 games - if the mood/atmos is shit and hostile and if the players do/don't play for pardew

won't be spending another fucking penny on the club after that game though, neither will he (if we end up going)

Just seen the press conference for the first time. I must say, if anything, it made my opinion of Pardew even lower than it was already. He's an ineloquent chancer who doesn't even have the presence of mind to get names right. It looks to me as if he is obviously lying when asked about his relationship with DLl.

And that accent .....  :whatdidido: :icon_puke_r:

In conclusion, I doubt this waste of space will last 5 months let alone 5 years. He will have his work greatly cut out to convince me he's anything but a slimey impostor. Pardew Out!!  :thefinger:

I'm actually gullible enough to be positively influenced by what I've seen of Pardew so far. If he has any chance of success, it's that he's a persuasive enough person to get the players on his side.

I'm holding onto this small crumb, please don't spoil it for me!

(PS I still think the whole situation is shit, obviously).

He is not welcome. I will not suport him or the club. Not a penny of my money will be spent in to this club. Yesterday I canceled my NUFC TV account, the reason - Mike Ashley.

I suport a long protest until the fat bastard is gone. Don´t come with the crap that it will hurt the team. This club will go down no matter if we suport or not. That is for sure as long as Ashley is here!

He is not welcome. I will not suport him or the club. Not a penny of my money will be spent in to this club. Yesterday I canceled my NUFC TV account, the reason - Mike Ashley.

I suport a long protest until the fat bastard is gone. Don´t come with the crap that it will hurt the team. This club will go down no matter if we suport or not. That is for sure as long as Ashley is here!

returning your season ticket too?

I bet Stu called all the anti-war campaigners 'unpatriotic' for not supporting the troops. Stop conflating the issue of supporting the club and supporting the regime. You can support the club and be against the regime, even if the latter position means that you don't show up on Saturdays.

:lol: hollow words?

The anti-war demonstrators weren't unpatriotic but they were still achieving next to nothing while creating a hostile and divided atmosphere. Sounds familiar :lol:

Keegan:

Alan's a good lad. I know him well, he is very dedicated and he works very hard. The sad thing is that Alan is going in and is getting off on the wrong foot through no fault of his own.

The supporters won't be resistant to Alan because of the circumstances of his appointment, though. Any criticism will be levelled at Llambias and Mike Ashley, because it is their decision. The fans would be wrong to pick on Alan. Obviously if results don't go well then they may start to voice discontent, but Alan is just the meat in the middle of the sandwich here.

Keegan:

Alan's a good lad. I know him well, he is very dedicated and he works very hard. The sad thing is that Alan is going in and is getting off on the wrong foot through no fault of his own.

The supporters won't be resistant to Alan because of the circumstances of his appointment, though. Any criticism will be levelled at Llambias and Mike Ashley, because it is their decision. The fans would be wrong to pick on Alan. Obviously if results don't go well then they may start to voice discontent, but Alan is just the meat in the middle of the sandwich here.

I agree with that from KK, it's spot on IMO. As much as I think that Pardew is not the right person for the job, it's counter productive to crucify the bloke before he's started, our real angst if with the oweners and decision makers running the comedy of football club.

Guest The_Optimistic

You have to back Pardew, we are stuck with him now, at least until the end of the season.  Getting on his back will only increase the chance of relegation.

Let's face it, we have that cunt in charge now, the great Hughton is gone, but it's still about Newcaste United, isn't it?

We still have to hope that we'll stay up, and we only will if we (the fans that go to the games) will support the team.

Guest The_Optimistic

I'm just glad that it was sorted Wednesday/Thursday so people would have time to accept it, if it was confirmed today then I dred to think what the scenes would of been like. 

If you are protesting on Saturday then I hope that you keep it out the ground and direct it towards Ashley as I will be doing, inside the ground back the team and manager and create a cracking atmosphere and not give the TV and reporters etc what they want.  Lets not lose the only thing we have got which is a tremendous support.  Keep the faith.