Nobby Solano

Leazes1986

Is there a winger in the Premier League now that uses his foot like Nobby used to? I can't think of one, bar Quaresma last year.

You could say that, but then again Quaresma never actually done anything for Chelsea last year. Much like every time he has played for a team in a top European league.

I mean in terms of using one foot to swing balls in from either side. The art of 'Trivela'.

How dare you not bite.  :shifty:

What can I say I'm used to you talking shite.  :aww:

That'll do me.

When's Nobbys last game? Was it last night?

They mentioned last night it was his penultimate game.

Ah right, I just seen the last 10minutes, was quite entertaining. I was happy when Peru scored, but I knew Argentina were going to as soon as they piled forward again.

Who do Peru play on Wednesday and at what time can this be seen?

I know there was all the media hype around him and what not but it was still a bit mental at the same time David Beckham was being sold for £25m, Nobby Solano at the same age was going for £1.5m!

One of my fav toon players of all time.

Loved Nobby.  If I ever get a dog, It shall be named Nobby.

bollocks

i just got conned into naming our black lab pup "oscar"  i suggested Nile, Ranger, Shola, Pele, Xisco, zico, and various other but they were all poo-pooed by the woman.

I am beginning to wis i named him "shit machine"

Absolutely class signing. Used to chip in with a good number of important goals too. Another one of these unknown foreign imports we don't give any time to here eh Ronaldo?

Solano arrived a year afrer finishing 2nd and looked a good signing pretty quickly. He also cost only £2.4m

I know there was all the media hype around him and what not but it was still a bit mental at the same time David Beckham was being sold for £25m, Nobby Solano at the same age was going for £1.5m!

They're actually the same type of player, clearly Beckham was a far superior player. Solano wasn't a winger, he was a right midfielder. He had excellent static passing and crossing ability.

Absolutely class signing. Used to chip in with a good number of important goals too. Another one of these unknown foreign imports we don't give any time to here eh Ronaldo?

Solano arrived a year afrer finishing 2nd and looked a good signing pretty quickly. He also cost only £2.4m

Still an unknown foreigner :pow:

Settled amazingly well tbh, cracking bit of business for the club.

Can remember an interview with Gary Speed (think it's on that 501 Goals DVD) talking about Nobby. Saying that in his first training session he looked like an absolute amateur, "could barely kick a ball" were his words. Heh.

I'd love to have all of Nobby's goals for us on DVD or summat. I'd love to see that.

Can remember an interview with Gary Speed (think it's on that 501 Goals DVD) talking about Nobby. Saying that in his first training session he looked like an absolute amateur, "could barely kick a ball" were his words. Heh.

I'd love to have all of Nobby's goals for us on DVD or summat. I'd love to see that.

Despite all of the brilliant goals he scored for us my favourite is still the one that made it 4-3 at Elland Road.

Guest Heneage

Despite all of the brilliant goals he scored for us my favourite is still the one that made it 4-3 at Elland Road.

Best Giletter Soccer Saturday ever.

After me and my brother both sighed and started shouting abuse at the telly when the third goal went in, to which my Dad uttered the now immortal; "It's not over yet lads, there's still half an hour left."

Best Giletter Soccer Saturday ever.

After me and my brother both sighed and started shouting abuse at the telly when the third goal went in, to which my Dad uttered the now immortal; "It's not over yet lads, there's still half an hour left."

:laugh: