Birmingham v Newcastle Pre-Match Thread - rearranged for Tuesday 15th February

Ameritoon

Krul

Simpson                Coloccini        Williamson    Enrique

Barton                  Tiote              Nolan          Gutierrez

Ranger        Carroll

May I add that Campbell must be dropped however I wouldn't be too bothered if Taylor started in place of Williamson.

As much as I liked what Ranger showed against Pool, I don't see him as a starter in an away game vs Birmingham. I'd go for something like this.

Krul

Simpson        Coloccini        S.Taylor    Enrique

Barton                  Tiote             

Guthrie                      Nolan                Gutierrez

Carroll

Ranger is the supersub

Krul

Simmo Willo Colo Enrique

Tiote

Routs    Barton  Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

I would include Routledge. Last time i watched Birmingham they had Ridgewell playing at LB. Routs would give him a lot of trouble imo.

Nolan to play the role Ameobi has been the last few weeks.

Barton to play the role Nolan is now.

Willo to play on Zigic due to height.

Colo is our best organiser of the defence imo and is the other CB for me.

Will take a draw but know as with any Newcastle game it could go anywhere.

I'll predict a 1-1 draw

I'd want either Willo or Sol on Zigic for starters.

Is by no means a regular starter for Birmingham. Often just Jerome up on his own. Alex Mcleish makes Fat Sam looklike an adventurous manager.

Guest TrueToon

We dont need to change up top? Ranger can come on and mae a similar impact if needed, but Shola is more effective than you think...

Sol needs to step down, he's had 3 games and 2 out of them he has been nervous,eratic and generally poor..

Same with Taylor, He was once a solid rock at the back but at the minute he looks lost, but thats not to say he won't improve,He has been out a long time,but i'd rather have Williamson back in there, Unsure about Colo though, He is hit and miss everytime...

I'd want either Willo or Sol on Zigic for starters.

Is by no means a regular starter for Birmingham. Often just Jerome up on his own. Alex Mcleish makes Fat Sam looklike an adventurous manager.

Plus he's shite in the air and doesn't like a physical battle

If you are going to  Brum watch out - they are by far the nastiest bunch of supporters in that God forsaken city

Had one of my worst ever away trips there, getting started on in a pub by Brum fans despite being about as threatening as a pink teddy bear. Thankfully some random Toon fans came to my rescue.

If you are going to  Brum watch out - they are by far the nastiest bunch of supporters in that God forsaken city

Yeah I live halfway between Aston villa and Birmingham city's grounds. I will not be wearing colours for this game and I would advise others to do the same.

Zigic may be 19ft tall but he lacks aggression & I would imagine Colo has come up against him a few times in the RealBarca League so he knows what to expect. Roger Johnson & Scott Dann should be good match for a the Big AC in the air so playing on the deck may be the way to go. Nolan will be up against Barry Ferguson one of the few midfielders that he will be faster than. Hopefully Sooper Kev will be playing & he gets the Barton fist to the ribs, the Williamson headbutt to head & the Colo elbow to the face.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Krul

Simpson   Coloccini  Williamson  Enrique

Barton       Tiote        Nolan         Jonas

Ameobi     Carroll

Subs- Harper, Taylor, Campbell, Smith, Routledge, Lovenkrands, Ranger

Don't feel very confident with Taylor and Campbell, hence Williamson and Colo back. I think Ranger may be better as an impact sub at this moment in time

It'll be a 2-2 draw as well, Carrol and Nolan to get goals for us.

Yeah I live halfway between Aston villa and Birmingham city's grounds. I will not be wearing colours for this game and I would advise others to do the same.

I must admit, i've learnt from past visits that its not a place to wear colours. 

I must admit, i've learnt from past visits that its not a place to wear colours. 

West Mids Police are cunts too.