Tottenham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/12/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

Didn't expect anything from City or Spurs, they're both far, far better than us. Our next two games are fucking massive now. Need 4 points minimum from them to keep our heads above water.

Move on and put it right at Wigan.

Didn't expect anything from City or Spurs, they're both far, far better than us. Our next two games are fucking massive now. Need 4 points minimum from them to keep our heads above water.

Move on and put it right at Wigan.

my thoughts exactly

Guest sicko2ndbest

People commenting that we played a long ball game today need to rethink what they saw. 

One attacking option. Hit it to carroll

Pardew has been awful, like. You can't deny it.

i've been saying this for a week now, he's come in and changed things that didnt need changing, and he's actively ruining what little edge we had.

What exactly has he changed?

Taken Barton off the wing for a start.

Been more down to injuries and the like.

no

Yes.

do you mean against man city when he had all the personell available that he needed to play barton on the right? or today when he had all the personell he needed available to play barton on the right? just like since williamson's been available again he's stuck with taylor?

barton on the right feeding carroll was the ONLY thing we had going for us for fucks sake

I feel sorry for Carroll, the service to him is f***ing shocking, we played today the way we played when we went down, long ball after long ball.

We've been playing that way for weeks now tbh.

Yep ever since we scored them goals from Bartons free kicks, angled to Carroll ala the Arsenal goal.

People commenting that we played a long ball game today need to rethink what they saw. 

One attacking option. Hit it to carroll

We have had two attacking options all season. Carroll, and Nolan off a Carroll flick-on.

No surprise that we struggle when one is missing.

Can anyone explain why Taylor is starting ahead of Williamson?  The only reason I can come up with is that Pardew is worried about the fans and thinks playing Taylor will buy him some good will. :doh:

Fuck knows. Maybe Williamson won't let him shag his wife but he knows if he fancies Taylor's lass he can just slap him round the chops?

Pardew has been awful, like. You can't deny it.

i've been saying this for a week now, he's come in and changed things that didnt need changing, and he's actively ruining what little edge we had.

What exactly has he changed?

Taken Barton off the wing for a start.

Maybe that has had something to do with the fact that we had a combination of Ameobi out injured and Nolan suspended in the games he's managed. Who would you play in the middle if Barton is on the right? Guthrie? Smith?

Precisely why it was a shit time for Pardew to get appointed.

Two ridiculously hard games, where the result would have been no different - and apparently it's his fault.

Fucking idiots.

didn't see many people blaming him for the city defeat...... but today he made a shit and crucial decision to jonas off. We needed someone to stretch them......... that wasn't going to happen with tiote and smith on the field.