Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Tiote is a big miss but then again everyone seems to forget life before him. Villa anyone? I'm in no way suggesting we'll comfortably win, I think its got 0-0 or 1-0 to either side written all over it (mainly because with both sides depleted I imagine we'll both be really cagey), but just saying we can play without him.

That was a freak occurrence - Smith actually played well that game. Not counting on that ever happening again.

I am now yo-yoing  to the view that we will get something out of this game just because it seems impossible and the mackems can't help falling flat on their already flat faces every time they start getting too confident.

Just had Nolan on SSN. Didn't sound particularly confident to me about Carroll taking part.

I'd rather we didn't rush him back tbh. This talk of Gosling being involved as well just smacks of Pardew panic to me.

Just had Nolan on SSN. Didn't sound particularly confident to me about Carroll taking part.

I'd rather we didn't rush him back tbh. This talk of Gosling being involved as well just smacks of Pardew panic to me.

Was the talk of him featuring in our last 3 games Pardew panic as well?

Was the talk of him featuring in our last 3 games Pardew panic as well?

That was Pardew bullshit. Subtle difference.

Can't remember who it was but it was something along the lines of that if Carroll was touch and go to play he would have been here receiving intensive treatment but the fact that he is basically on holiday means that either he has no chance (probable IMO) or will definetly be fit (unlikely IMO). To me this seems pretty logical and makes me believe he is not playing.

I pray i'm proved wrong but I can't see anything other than a defeat for us here.