Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

Good deal for Sunderland, the days of average to good players of Bent's standard going for 20 million are drawing to a close.

As stated, it's difficult to fit him into a system with another striker. His goal ratio is good but this looks like a panic buy by Villa, crazy price.

Good? ???  He's scored 32 goals for them in 58 games (a goal every 1.8 games), that's as good as it gets really.  He's been on a run of poor form, but form is temporary.  I don't think he's an amazing player of course, but I think he's just the perfect fit for Sunderland and he'd continue to score a load of goals for them.

To get a striker that scores 1 goal every 2 games is priceless in the premiership.  1 goal from midfield all season as well.

So, according to this thread it is the end of

Carew

Agbonlahor

Young

Heskey

Anyone else?

Sunderland

:lol:

fwiw If they stick with Gyan-Wellbeck(When he's back) up front until the end of the season i think they will do very well as a pairing.

i just dont understand how this is 'great business' for the mackems at all. IF it gets to £24m then maybe, but with the way transfer fees are now, £18m isn't good value. they're pushing for europe and now selling their main striker (who until recently made them a 'one man team'). i guess bruce will use that money to sort the midfield out - maybe sessegnon/nzogbia and buy a striker. its a MASSIVE gamble and don't think they can trust Bruce to spend that money well.

Carew

Agbonlahor

Young

Heskey

Anyone else?

Sunderland

fwiw If they stick with Gyan-Wellbeck(When he's back) up front until the end of the season i think they will do very well as a pairing.

problem is welbeck ain't theres and fergie rates him so what do they do after this season

Carew

Agbonlahor

Young

Heskey

Anyone else?

Sunderland

Ok deal for both teams IMO. Villa pay a little over the top, but Sunderland have to get Gyan going asap. They need someone to score goals.

Good deal to be honest.  He doesn't worth 18m, cannot form any effective partnership with other strikers. 

Welbeck/Gyan is a good partnership and if the 18m is well invested in other positions (i.e. defense) that would be a very strong team.

i just dont understand how this is 'great business' for the mackems at all. IF it gets to £24m then maybe, but with the way transfer fees are now, £18m isn't good value. they're pushing for europe and now selling their main striker (who until recently made them a 'one man team'). i guess bruce will use that money to sort the midfield out - maybe sessegnon/nzogbia and buy a striker. its a MASSIVE gamble and don't think they can trust Bruce to spend that money well.

£18m should just about buy them Sessegnon and N'Zogbia, but not a striker as well.

Not surprising really, Bent absolutely hated being in Sunderland that much was obvious. At least the mackems have got a good fee for him, but buying quality strikers isn't easy. They'll probably spend the money on Wellbeck who'll promptly stop scoring once he's got a contract.

£18m should just about buy them Sessegnon and N'Zogbia, but not a striker as well.

in that case, its even worse for them.