John Carver

Guest neesy111

Another season written off. It's f***ing scandalous and an absolute insult to season ticket holders.

In January! :lol:

I mean how can they be so ridiculous to ask fans to wait for a manager until the end of the season, in January!

I have never seen anything like it.

If he is the manager in August, I'll be vexed. Right now, I honestly do not care. I don't think relegation is happening, and if it isn't a threat, the season is over for all intents and purposes, anyway.

Bullshit. A couple more bad results in the upcoming weeks and we are right in the relegation fight. Have you seen our fixture list for March and April? I can see us sitting in the bottom three with 5 games to go.

Anyway, this decision will likely cost Ashley millions in TV revenue even if we don't get relegated. It's a completely idiotic decision anyway you look at it.

We won't be in the relegation zone at all.

I'd rather have kept pardew.

Now let's not be utterly ridiculous. No way.

Not sure if it makes much difference to be honest.

The exciting part about Pardew getting the sack was the prospect of enjoying football again. Carver just means more of the same. Depressing as fuck.

If he is the manager in August, I'll be vexed. Right now, I honestly do not care. I don't think relegation is happening, and if it isn't a threat, the season is over for all intents and purposes, anyway.

If you spent money to watch the team, I'm guessing you would care. It's a farce.

Probably, if I went to every match, I'd be fussed more, but that's not something I would be doing even if I lived across the street from SJP. The real farce is if he is here at the start of next season like Roeder. For the current one, it won't take anywhere near 40 points to survive, so assuming the team racks up a few more wins and draws, I'll be happy to occasionally watch their rubbish football with an air of indifference. In the grand scheme, the end of this season means little unless it is an incredible disaster (which isn't impossible, I suppose). I don't have faith in what will happen over the summer, but if they do get a good manager and some upgrades to the team, this will have been worth it.

Until the summer? yeah right he's got it full time..

Could very well be that they're holding out for the likes of Tuchel, Garde, or Galtier, all of whom have reservations about taking charge now.

:mackems:

It's not anything that hasn't already been discussed over the last month. Perfectly within the realm of possibilities. Everyone has known that this is what was most likely to happen.

If Carver was going to get it fulltime they would have just gave it to him right there and then. I know we like to be doom mongers but use a bit of common sense, they couldn't give two shits what we think they'd just go out and do it.

I'm still not confident it will be anyone decent but it won't be Carver otherwise he'd already be confirmed.

Another season written off. It's fucking scandalous and an absolute insult to season ticket holders.

If they don't boo him out of the ground, as well as any other shithouse manager who is given the job, then it's pretty difficult to hold any sympathy tbh.

Exactly.

I'd rather have kept pardew.

Now let's not be utterly ridiculous. No way.

Not sure if it makes much difference to be honest.

The exciting part about Pardew getting the sack was the prospect of enjoying football again. Carver just means more of the same. Depressing as fuck.

Carver is at least on a timer. Pardew was contracted until 2020 and was literally never going to be fired.

This is pretty shit news given that we were expecting Guarde a couple of weeks ago, but we're still in a better position now than we were a month ago.

If Carver was going to get it fulltime they would have just gave it to him right there and then. I know we like to be doom mongers but use a bit of common sense, they couldn't give two s***s what we think they'd just go out and do it.

I'm still not confident it will be anyone decent but it won't be Carver otherwise he'd already be confirmed.

Hughton managed us for 18 months. 6 of which as Caretaker Manager and he only got the boot because he didn't agree with how things operated above him. Had he been happy to sell all Nolan et al. he would've stayed longer.

If Carver was going to get it fulltime they would have just gave it to him right there and then. I know we like to be doom mongers but use a bit of common sense, they couldn't give two shits what we think they'd just go out and do it.

Why would they confirm Carver full time when he hasn't won a game yet? But if he should win a few what makes you so sure they won't think it's not a bad idea to go for the cheap option of sticking with what they've got?

If this is true, I really despair, and will try to rid myself of my NUFC addiction, somehow. Carver till the end of the season, then McLaren to take over, wow what great times we live in.

They just keep sucking the life out of the club.