John Carver

Guest neesy111

I will give Carver the benefit of the doubt, if only because the first half against Chelsea was pretty impressive, and I like being happy.

I do hope he isn't warming the seat for McLaren though, it's like buying advance tix for Nickelback.

:lol: harsh on McClaren

Not a chance we'll go down IMO. But in two minds on how I want us to perform for the rest of the season. If we're utterly dross and lose a dozen games, that'll just give ammunition to the haters e.g. we're getting what we deserved for 'hounding out a good manager'.

Not a chance we'll go down IMO. But in two minds on how I want us to perform for the rest of the season. If we're utterly dross and lose a dozen games, that'll just give ammunition to the haters e.g. we're getting what we deserved for 'hounding out' a 'good manager'.

I hope we get 3 quickfire wins from the next 3 (which is realistic still), then we have a Pardew-like end to the season.

Did we expect anything else? The club, in January has basically written off the rest of the season. This is totally uunacceptable. But whether we get a new manager now or in the summer it is all immaterial anyway seeing as the club have a policy of non competition . Its all about the tick over. This club is shit.

Man, does he need to name-drop Bobby Robson every time he opens his mouth?

Anyway, the Charnley quotes aren't that bad. They do seem to want to appoint somebody interesting.

They are exactly what he said last Monday and given he's just appointed Carver and blatantly lied they are fucking terrible comments.

Did we expect anything else? The club, in January has basically written off the rest of the season. This is totally uunacceptable. But whether we get a new manager now or in the summer it is all immaterial anyway seeing as the club have a policy of non competition . Its all about the tick over. This club is shit.

I don't really mind writing off this season, it's pointless anyway no matter who the manager is.

The only consideration for me is getting a good, positive manager in TBH. Just have to keep our fingers crossed that they're trying to do that.

Not one mention of having anyone ear marked for the summer.

Set of c***s the lots of em.

Doesn't mean much, to be frank. Any manager they might have secured will have asked to keep it mum until the end of the season, if he's currently managing another team.

I have no idea if they can get a manager signed, by the way. Does it work like players, where you can't do it unless they are 6 months left on their contract?

I dunno why anyone's that arsed to be honest. He won't last long, he simply cannot last long. Getting rid of Pardew with the biggest hurdle, everything after is a path to salvation.

If that salvation is Schteve, I don't think I'd want it.

The very least we deserve, if the club aren't going to bother trying to win anything, is someone who will bring interesting football/some form of likeability.

He does neither.

Alright, he's not Alan Pardew, but he's a bit like a shock text message off the lottery only to find you've won £2.10.

Disagree, Pardew was the worst manager I've seen here and he was unmovable and never criticised by the crowd to the extent he should have been due to his PR. I don't think others would get that amount of wiggle-room and most are better than him as both a manager and a man. The bloke was utter scum.

Harking back to Pardew is pointless now.

Getting rid of him is fairly futile if we bring in another bellend. A huge missed opportunity at the very least.

I'd rather hoped that the club saw this as an opportunity to move onwards. Upwards perhaps.

As ever, that's not the case, it's more of the same as long as they don't need to spend any money.

Not one mention of having anyone ear marked for the summer.

Set of c***s the lots of em.

Doesn't mean much, to be frank. Any manager they might have secured will have asked to keep it mum until the end of the season, if he's currently managing another team.

Disagree my friend.

The club should be saying they've got someone lined up to come in the summer and reassure the fans it's all lined up.

Instead we have 6 months of limbo with the very real possibility that It'll be Carver

Just makes me want to hope we lose every game still. I cannot and should not be required to root for this Carver thing!

:lol: We lose every game we go down.

God. GOD that game vs Pardew. God! Fuck I'm already fucking pissed off.

We will lose the Pardew game and they will finish above us.

San, man. San.

Man.

San! So many slow motion fist pumps in our future, man. So fucking many.

WE WANTED THIS, MAN! I couldn't give a shit if they beat us, stop caring about that prick. He's gone! That's the most important thing!

:lol: No it isn't! It's half of the most important thing. The most important thing is to get a good manager in while the team has/had so much talent. You said it yourself when you were posting fantasy lineups. They didn't do that. They have no interest in doing that.

Yeah, but Pardew man. He's GONE. He was unmovable and people defended him and he was the absolute worst imaginable and he's GONE. Anything else is a bonus imo. If we fail then we rebuild/Ashley might think about buggering off, if we succeed then we succeed. Pardew celebrated mediocrity man, most other managers aren't like that.

:lol: The celebration hasn't ended. This is a team that desires nothing.