John Carver

Guest neesy111

I'd rather have kept pardew.

Now let's not be utterly ridiculous. No way.

Not sure if it makes much difference to be honest.

The exciting part about Pardew getting the sack was the prospect of enjoying football again. Carver just means more of the same. Depressing as fuck.

Yup. It's one less cunt at the club, but really that's it. The football if anything will go backwards as carver has nothing to offer in any capacity.

If Carver was going to get it fulltime they would have just gave it to him right there and then. I know we like to be doom mongers but use a bit of common sense, they couldn't give two s***s what we think they'd just go out and do it.

I'm still not confident it will be anyone decent but it won't be Carver otherwise he'd already be confirmed.

Why would they confirm Carver full time when he hasn't won a game yet? But if he should win a few what makes you so sure they won't think it's not a bad idea to go for the cheap option of sticking with what they've got?

They would have confirmed him the minute Pardew left if that was their intention. Since it wasn't they haven't and won't.

Steve McClaren would become as irritating as Pardew over time imho. Can you imagine that boring, monotone twat explaining away sale after sale?

He's never had teams that play a great brand of football either.

He's nowhere near where I'd hoped to be. At least a roll of the dice on a Garde or whoever would be interesting for the first few months as we tried to work out how he'd set us up and approach life and management in a new country.

If we appoint McClaren, the Board should be fucking shot for not being able to sell NUFC to him in January.

I mean struggling to tempt a manager over from Derby fucking County. Please.

If Carver was going to get it fulltime they would have just gave it to him right there and then. I know we like to be doom mongers but use a bit of common sense, they couldn't give two s***s what we think they'd just go out and do it.

I'm still not confident it will be anyone decent but it won't be Carver otherwise he'd already be confirmed.

People were saying the same when he hadn't been confirmed in January

And I still say the same, it was always possible he could keep it till the end of the season but permanent?  Nah for the reasons I have already explained.

Why would they confirm Carver full time when he hasn't won a game yet? But if he should win a few what makes you so sure they won't think it's not a bad idea to go for the cheap option of sticking with what they've got?

They would have confirmed him the minute Pardew left if that was their intention. Since it wasn't they haven't and won't.

You're not taking into account that even our club wants to stay in the division. They are testing Carver and if he shows that he has enough about him to keep us up then why wouldn't they give him the job? This is effectively a trial period.

Steve McClaren would become as irritating as Pardew over time imho. Can you imagine that boring, monotone t*** explaining away sale after sale?

He's nowhere near where I'd hoped to be. At least a roll of the dice on a Garde or whoever would be interesting for the first few months as we tried to work out how he'd set us up and approach life and management in a new country.

If we appoint McClaren, the Board should be f***ing shot for not being able to sell NUFC to him in January.

I mean struggling to tempt a manager over from Derby f***ing County. Please.

This.

Whoever they get in next is going to be here for an awful long time so I'm just praying it's Tuchel or Garde. Totally underwhelmed by McClaren.

Carver is going to get booed so bad when we start getting battered. He will then quit.

We will then spend another 4 weeks 'looking for a manager', and then will give it to Beardsley.

Beardsley will relegate us, and Colo will then take over. Until he gets caught cheating again, and will then return to Argentina forever.

Shola will get injured playing for Pulis, and have to retire. Just in time to come in and manage us.

Everything Isn't Just Bad Forever. Everything Is Shola Forever.

If he's booed I don't think he'll last long.

Expecting our spineless home fans to boo Carver :lol:

I'm not, hense that sentance ending with "Unfortunately he'll probably be given an easy ride despite willingly putting himself forward to take us down, the fucking arsehole." :lol:

Aye that's why I cut it out, just found the prospect of our fans doing anything so ridiculous. The state of things at SJP is embarrassing.

Steve McClaren would become as irritating as Pardew over time imho. Can you imagine that boring, monotone twat explaining away sale after sale?

If we appoint McClaren, the Board should be fucking shot for not being able to sell NUFC to him in January.

After all the talk about Garde and Galtier I'm not sold on McLaren at all. Hopefully they'll get promoted and that will be the end of this talk.

In McLaren's perspective, it's a total win-win.

Steve McClaren would become as irritating as Pardew over time imho. Can you imagine that boring, monotone t*** explaining away sale after sale?

If we appoint McClaren, the Board should be f***ing shot for not being able to sell NUFC to him in January.

I mean struggling to tempt a manager over from Derby f***ing County. Please.

After all the talk about Garde and Galtier I'm not sold on McLaren at all. Hopefully they'll get promoted and that will be the end of this talk.

I reckon he'll still come even if they do get promoted. They're likely to go straight back down and he'd have this gig for years.

Guest reefatoon

Carver isn't good enough to be full-time man, he's not a manager in any sense of the word :lol:

We all know that, yet this club have still handed him the chance to do it.

Will he join the ranks of caretaker managers who relegate their clubs?

Has an assistant manager ever achived anything once taking over?

http://www.2ndyellow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/les-reed-charlton-athletic.jpg