John Carver

Guest neesy111

Just seems the type who'll suck any number of dicks to weasel his way onto the good side of those in power. Not that there's anything wrong with sucking a few dicks here and there amirite?

Lickspittle through and through. I don't hate him, but he just seems totally pathetic.

Guest firetotheworks

The squaring up to the fan is the only one of those I'm really bothered about, I don't think then refusing to fight him at the training ground is a negative!

I don't want him here like, just to be clear.

Slagging off Ashley and then working for him is not a negative?

Using the names of club legends to curry favour is not a negative?

Of course not showing up is a negative, in that doing it in the first place invites people to do that and that happening embarrasses him, the club and us further. He can't act that way if he didn't mean it, he shouldn't be acting that way at all.

His record is absolutely atrocious as well, I'll just assume that you didn't mean that when you were saying you didn't have a problem with it.

The squaring up to the fan is the only one of those I'm really bothered about, I don't think then refusing to fight him at the training ground is a negative!

Of course not showing up is a negative, in that doing it in the first place invites people to do that and that happening embarrasses him, the club and us further. He can't act that way if he didn't mean it, he shouldn't be acting that way at all.

His record is absolutely atrocious as well, I'll just assume that you didn't mean that when you were saying you didn't have a problem with it.

Both of those first two are not ideal but understandable IMO. Meeting up with a fan at the training ground would have been absolutely mental.

I don't think he's a good coach and I don't think he should be manager, just to say yet again.

Guest firetotheworks

Both of those first two are not ideal but understandable IMO. Meeting up with a fan at the training ground would have been absolutely mental.

I don't think he's a good coach and I don't think he should be manager, just to say yet again.

:lol: Okay.

As for the meeting up thing, I know it would, that's the point. Therefore he shouldn't have invited that situation onto himself and then looked like a fool regardless of what he did. The bloke's a total bellend.

I don't think you've made that clear at all Ian! :lol:

You think it's 'understandable' that an apparent fan of the club was not only willing to thrown away every shred of dignity he has in order to maintain a paycheck from some utter lunatic hell-bent on destroying us, but is now putting himself forward to manage us despite having absolutely no qualities suited for the role? I think it's the opposite of understandable personally, it's unfathomable.

You think it's 'understandable' that an apparent fan of the club was not only willing to thrown away every shred of dignity he has in order to maintain a paycheck from some utter lunatic hell-bent on destroying us, but is now putting himself forward to manage us despite having absolutely no qualities suited for the role? I think it's the opposite of understandable personally, it's unfathomable.

He's being handed his dream job on a plate, it's perfectly understandable. He shouldn't be anywhere near us if we we happened to be a self-respecting outfit, but we're not.

Don't have much against Carver as a person tbh. As a manager he's liable to be an absolute disgrace, but any vitriol shouldn't be heading his way.

Guest firetotheworks

He's being handed his dream job on a plate, it's perfectly understandable. He shouldn't be anywhere near us if we we happened to be a self-respecting outfit, but we're not.

Don't have much against Carver as a person tbh. As a manager he's liable to be an absolute disgrace, but any vitriol shouldn't be heading his way.

No surprise.

What he's done aside from being incompetent has been covered like. No doubt you think it's creepy to dislike a fully grown man that represents NUFC calling our own fans cunts purely for holding a banner, and offering to fight them. All on top of publically vilifying Ashley until the exact moment that he's on his payroll.

Steve Stone, man, it's like everyone is f***ing stupid. We've got rid of the shitty, broken treehouse and left the rubbish tree. In fact, Carver and Stone promoted is arguably more dangerous. f*** knows who Dave Watson is but he's probably a disgusting jeb too.

Scouser, U18 coach, former Everton and Tranmere manager. Played for England a few times.

Aye, Watson was captain at Everton for years. Cracking player and seemed a decent bloke but anyone who is complicit with the current running of NUFC becomes a c*** by default.

Scored the winner against us in the '95 Cup 1/4s the year they won it. Keegan hater. Watson out.

Sounds like he's been and got a book on management from the library :lol:

He'll have found that in Pardew's office.

It's probably been left in the exact state it was the day he left. Like a shrine.

Of course vitriol should go his way, as well as the way of any other manager who throws their hat in the ring who isn't good enough. Otherwise we're indirectly allowing Ashley to further do whatever it is he wants, like we're some kind of charity for shit journeymen.

Carver shouldn't be in charge and he knows he shouldn't be in charge, he's also shown himself to be a cunt and an arselicker, fuck him.

On account of him offering fans out, the correct course of action would have been to meet the fan at training and apologise wholeheartedly for his "passionate" display at the game and take back what he said. So, yes, that is inclusive of "top 10 reasons Carver is a cunt".

I imagine he was taken into a room after that game with Mike, The Bishop and The King seated behind a ludicrously long table, and - expecting to hand in his notice - was instead offered a lifeline in return for handing over his soul.

Now he's pretty much the Mouth of Sauron.

Hans is hugely underrated in the football section.  Doesn't even devote anywhere near enough time to being hilarious anymore, he's trying to right that many wrongs.

I love this "You can't blame Carvs" rhetroic that's getting trotted out now, sort of reminds me of "Poor Pards" as if they're earnestly trying to do a good job in the face of an arsehole of an owner, when in actual fact neither of them would be near the top job at our club if their tongue wasn't so firmly lodged up our arsehole of an owner's arse.

I'm not saying that I fully support Carver being (temporary) manager - I certainly don't think he has the credentials to get the job full time. He hasn't covered himself in glory with his recent behaviour, and is definitely tainted by his association with Pardew, Ashley etc. The negative / uncreative way that we have played for a long time adds to concerns about his coaching ability in the here and now.

However, if we think back to when SBR was here, he was hugely rated as a coach, and I recall many people, myself included being very disappointed when he left after Sourness came (and what a great manager he was!)

Has he been misquoted over SBR and Gary Speed being with him? He worked for SBR under great times and coached Speed during this period. Speed later took him on as coach at Sheffield United, so perhaps whilst a little misguided, what he said wasn't actually as bad as it's being viewed here?

So no, I don't think he's the right man for the job and his behaviour towards the fans at Southampton was very poor. However could we really expect a better appointment mid-season when Pardew's departure was so unplanned? He is undoubtedly Newcastle United through and through, so I suppose it's only natural that he would want his chance. I think we will struggle badly for the rest of the season, but I don't think that Carver is the enemy here.

However well intentioned, he's part of the sins of past iteration of the regime. He has negative impact and therefore is an enemy. I don't know what your definition of that would be in this context. It's also about being constantly, healthily cynical and sticking to your guns about your expectations of the club, not just saying accept it because it is what was bound to happen.