John Carver

Guest neesy111

Miles Starforth

‏@milesstarforth

Can't see Steve McClaren coming in for the last three games. Too many obstacles. John Carver still Newcastle head coach, as it stands. #nufc

Starting to believe this is the case. Down we go.

Miles Starforth

‏@milesstarforth

Can't see Steve McClaren coming in for the last three games. Too many obstacles. John Carver still Newcastle head coach, as it stands. #nufc

Starting to believe this is the case. Down we go.

We absolutely love playing with fire.

Probably down to him wanting his own backroom staff but ashley wants him to work with the three wise monkeys.

The absurdity of this is that there is no comparison between the cost of relegation and getting rid of the current coaching staff.

Probably down to him wanting his own backroom staff but ashley wants him to work with the three wise monkeys.

The absurdity of this is that there is no comparison between the cost of relegation and getting rid of the current coaching staff.

Ashley's a gambler. He'll take the risk to save the smaller cash sum and count it as a gain.

Pardew was reported to one of the lowest paid managers in the Premier League and indeed the Championship when he was here so you can't imagine the coaching staff will be on that much.  I am sure that Pardew's compensation would be more or less enough to pay all three off.

But Ashley never looks ahead - it is always about the balance sheet in the here and now - and never speculates (even moderately) to accumulate.  False economy as always.

I'm not a fan of Pearson, but there is a clear difference in management styles evident. Pearson launches a bizarre ostrich rant on a journo to take the media focus from his players onto himself. Players come out in his defence and win the next game. Carver continues to rip his players to shreds, while trying to give the impression that he is a passionate martyr - "fans should blame me not the players." Players give up trying and bottle it. He's got the man-management skills of a rabid rottweiler,  and an embarrassment that he calls himself a fan

Put it this way, if McLaren doesn't want to come in straight away, what options do they even have?

And if he would be willing to, does it even make sense to bring in a new permanent manager fighting for survival with 3 games to go, especially one who as far as I know is not known as a great motivational manager who can kick start a team in trouble, and who must be quite downbeat himself by the way he has just let the prospect of almost certain promotion slip through his fingers? What happens if he comes in, doesn't get a result and takes us down?

That's my concern as well. McClaren is not an inspirational figure, only thing you can hope is that seeing Carver gone would be enough to boost the morale of the players regardless of who comes in next. Plus I suspect McClaren would at least play a recognisable formation.

Was bored  :blush::

17 games played so that's 1530 minutes of football. Give or take a minute or so here or there...

Time spent leading a game: 224 mins  (14.6%) (6 times, winning only 2)

Time spent drawing in a game: 630 mins  (41.1%)

Time spent losing in a game: 676 mins  (44.2%)  (12 times, losing all 12)

Basically we always lose the game if we ever go behind, not so much as a point gained if we ever fall behind at any point. #resilience

Bumped and updated

Cost ££ to get rid of Carver plus an admission they got it wrong appointing him.  He'll not be going anywhere.

Yep

Carver and crew are on peanuts, it won't cost much at all to get rid of them.

Fwiw Mclaren's first game as Derby manager he was sat in the stands. They were 4-1 down at half time, he went down to the dressing room, had words and they drew 4-4. They then went on to lose only once in the next 13 games. Still think he's a berk though.

Cost ££ to get rid of Carver plus an admission they got it wrong appointing him.  He'll not be going anywhere.

Yep

Carver and crew are on peanuts, it won't cost much at all to get rid of them.

I think it's gone way beyond "he won't pay them off because it'll cost him loads" and it's now "he's got no choice but to make a change as it'll cost him circa £80m if he does nothing"

Carver seems to have declared war on his players, and his position looks untenable. Someone has to take over, even if we're talking about Beardsley or Stone.

All the bloke's been asked to do is take over for the next couple of games, possibly till the end of the season, until there's a permanent appointment.

Why not just wish the guy well and let him get on with it.

Sorry, but all this sniping gets on my nerves.