John Carver

Guest neesy111

Good to hear he spent the presser telling fans its their fault(again) the players are up for the fight(again) everyone knows how big this game is(again) the golf day out wouldnt have made money without him and players can watch wrestling.

Mans a f***ing idiot

Link?

Don't exactly know why I'm so desperate to torture myself with his bullshit though.

Guest Roger Kint

Good to hear he spent the presser telling fans its their fault(again) the players are up for the fight(again) everyone knows how big this game is(again) the golf day out wouldnt have made money without him and players can watch wrestling.

Mans a f***ing idiot

Link?

Don't exactly know why I'm so desperate to torture myself with his bullshit though.

Just based on tweets from different journos who were there. Also rewarded our brave troops with two days off....

John Carver says players can watch anything on TV this week but football, including "wrestling" #nufc

Carver asked any of his players NOT up for the fight v #whufc to leave the room and none walked out #nufc

:lol: :lol: :lol: As if any of them actually would get up and leave man. Fucking hells bollocks

Mans a f***ing idiot

Link?

Just based on tweets from different journos who were there. Also rewarded our brave troops with two days off....

Thank god, we wouldn't want them to burn out now.

John Carver says players can watch anything on TV this week but football, including "wrestling" #nufc

Carver asked any of his players NOT up for the fight v #whufc to leave the room and none walked out #nufc

:lol: :lol: :lol: As if any of them actually would get up and leave man. f***ing hells bollocks

Christ what an absolute shambles  :lol: :lol:

Exactly what I first thought of. :lol: John probably thinks it was a real documentary. Did he put Simply The Best on afterwards and run out the room?

How is John Carver being mostly absolved from blame from the media in this debacle?

I understand that the old boys network stick together and protect each other but this is the most blatant case of a manager being to blame that I have ever witnessed.

Regardless of what you think about Pardew, this same group of players was picking up points under his management and yet, under Carver we are now the worst team in the league by a distance.......and according to the media, it's the players who are 100% at fault. They're even sympathetic towards Carver in some instances.  He didn't even get that much of a shoe-ing for the 'best coach in the Premier League' comment.

It's criminally bad, misleading reporting and it makes me f***ing sick.

The thing that is laughable about it all, is that the same people saying Carver isn't to blame, will be saying we shouldn't have sacked Pardew.  So if it's totally the players then you'd have to assume the management didn't matter surely?  It just doesn't make any logical sense.  These players had a top half finish as a real possibility under Pardew and he was pretty dreadful, so if Carver is competent, the pattern of form should continue.  I'd expect a bottom half championship team to have a good shot at getting 9 points from 18 games.  Burnley are basically a championship squad and their form is much better than that, so are people really trying to say Carver's squad is worse than Burnley's?  The value of management is massively overlooked in the UK and it's still viewed with an air of scepticism, as if skills can be replaced with hard work and graft.  The bottom line is that if you have a moron in charge you will fail, no matter how much effort he puts in.  We need to work smarter, not harder and it's debatable whether or not Carver is even working hard, but we know he'll never be smart.

They understand very well. They just won't criticise a British man in charge. That's it. Lambert was awful for Villa and he rarely got slagged off. Ditto Warnock.

It's only the foreign managers or managers of top sides that can constant criticism.

Definitely feels like with British Football, there's a horrible undercurrent of Xenophobia running through everything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not criticising British managers equals xenephobia?

The two most popular managers in England are Mourinho and Van Gaal, and the British media turned like savages on Moyes once it became clear he would be sacked. Sorry that they don't criticise Carver, but if a man is trying to hang himself, why would they ask questions and stop the suicide? The more retarded a manager comes across, the more the media will let them go for it.

"horrible undercurrent of xenephobia" FFS, do you people think that your outlook is respected?

What do you mean "you people"?

Top TT reference! :lol:

Assuming we get relegated, what will Carvers response be?

1) - Put his hands up, take responsibility and do the decent thing and go quietly

2) - Blame everyone else apart from himself and argue he is the man to bounce us back

Personally don't think option 1 will ever happen.

1) - Put his hands up, take responsibility and do the decent thing and go quietly

2) - Blame everyone else apart from himself and argue he is the man to bounce us back

Number 2 clearly.

Guest Roger Kint

From the Chronic Q&A with Ryder:

Also will anyone ever question the lunacy of Ryan Taylor being guaranteed a starting CM berth everyweek over Anita/Abeid?

Lee says:  In fairness I've seen Abeid give the ball away a few times this season too.

When I wrote a story that Abeid was back a few weeks ago it was met with a few "big deal" responses.

:lol: Aye the only reason people question 'Over the hill' being first midfielder on the teamsheet is a few passes.....

Guest Roger Kint

On Carver getting the job next year:

Does the club recognise fundamental changes need to happen i.e. new coach or is it a case of weather the storm?

Lee says: They have weathered the storm in the past.

I would say John Carver's chances have taken a huge dent in recent weeks.

But with so many alternatives now fixed up they are limited because of the funds they are prepared to pay and the transfer kitty they are prepared to offer.

2 all the way along.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

“We have to deal with it.

“I am looking forward to the challenge this week.

“There is going to be a lot of media hype this week, which we expect.

“I had a chat with the guys and asked them to keep their TVs off football.

“And try to stay off social media or Twitter – watch wrestling or whatever you want to watch but don’t watch football.

“Sometimes mentally that can fatigue you and put a bit of pressure on you.

“I have told the guys that we have media obligations and we have to do those.

“But stay away from social media and TV as much as they can.”

“And try to stay off social media or Twitter – watch wrestling or whatever you want to watch but don’t watch football.

Gimme a Hull yeah

On Carver getting the job next year:

Does the club recognise fundamental changes need to happen i.e. new coach or is it a case of weather the storm?

Lee says: They have weathered the storm in the past.

I would say John Carver's chances have taken a huge dent in recent weeks.

But with so many alternatives now fixed up they are limited because of the funds they are prepared to pay and the transfer kitty they are prepared to offer.

And this is our premiere local football journalist. Might as well let Lee Charnley answer  the Q&A sessions.

FFS.... "The lads were tired.... they watched a couple of extra matches this week."

Unreal!

Guest Roger Kint

Douglas reckons if its Carver full time we could well know by Wednesday. To think my interest in NUFC could be over within the week :(

Douglas reckons if its Carver full time we could well know by Wednesday. To think my interest in NUFC could be over within the week :(

You will have your interest back again after i've killed him. Until we hire Bruce...

These local journalists should really just stop guessing. It's patently obvious they haven't got a clue what is going on.