John Carver

Guest neesy111

Guest lincoln_imp

I certainly don't think it's an outrageous suggestion, citing Mourinho and Van Gaal is not valid as they are very good and operate at the top end of the table

It's more the reactions at the lower end of the table, compare the reactions the likes of Magath and Pepe Mel got to the reactions towards Pardew, Carver, Lambert etc

but they are foreign, and the accusation is that we are xenephobic, so if thats the case, how does their success come into it? Magath got the reputation based on foreign media "legend" stories, Im not sure where Pepe Mel was insulted, I always thought he was respected.

I certainly don't think it's an outrageous suggestion, citing Mourinho and Van Gaal is not valid as they are very good and operate at the top end of the table

It's more the reactions at the lower end of the table, compare the reactions the likes of Magath and Pepe Mel got to the reactions towards Pardew, Carver, Lambert etc

but they are foreign, and the accusation is that we are xenephobic, so if thats the case, how does their success come into it? Magath got the reputation based on foreign media "legend" stories, Im not sure where Pepe Mel was insulted, I always thought he was respected.

Because success makes you immune from the criticism, it's when things are not going well that the digs from "pundits" follow and articles calling for them to be sacked are more commonplace BUT as we saw Pardew despite being shit was immune to that and Carver has by and large been immune to that, can only think of Keown having a go at him and that was probably him just wanting to support a fellow defender getting called out by Carver

How is John Carver being mostly absolved from blame from the media in this debacle?

I understand that the old boys network stick together and protect each other but this is the most blatant case of a manager being to blame that I have ever witnessed.

Regardless of what you think about Pardew, this same group of players was picking up points under his management and yet, under Carver we are now the worst team in the league by a distance.......and according to the media, it's the players who are 100% at fault. They're even sympathetic towards Carver in some instances.  He didn't even get that much of a shoe-ing for the 'best coach in the Premier League' comment.

It's criminally bad, misleading reporting and it makes me f***ing sick.

The thing that is laughable about it all, is that the same people saying Carver isn't to blame, will be saying we shouldn't have sacked Pardew.  So if it's totally the players then you'd have to assume the management didn't matter surely?  It just doesn't make any logical sense.  These players had a top half finish as a real possibility under Pardew and he was pretty dreadful, so if Carver is competent, the pattern of form should continue.  I'd expect a bottom half championship team to have a good shot at getting 9 points from 18 games.  Burnley are basically a championship squad and their form is much better than that, so are people really trying to say Carver's squad is worse than Burnley's?  The value of management is massively overlooked in the UK and it's still viewed with an air of scepticism, as if skills can be replaced with hard work and graft.  The bottom line is that if you have a moron in charge you will fail, no matter how much effort he puts in.  We need to work smarter, not harder and it's debatable whether or not Carver is even working hard, but we know he'll never be smart.

They understand very well. They just won't criticise a British man in charge. That's it. Lambert was awful for Villa and he rarely got slagged off. Ditto Warnock.

It's only the foreign managers or managers of top sides that can constant criticism.

Definitely feels like with British Football, there's a horrible undercurrent of Xenophobia running through everything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not criticising British managers equals xenephobia?

The two most popular managers in England are Mourinho and Van Gaal, and the British media turned like savages on Moyes once it became clear he would be sacked. Sorry that they don't criticise Carver, but if a man is trying to hang himself, why would they ask questions and stop the suicide? The more retarded a manager comes across, the more the media will let them go for it.

"horrible undercurrent of xenephobia" FFS, do you people think that your outlook is respected?

What do you mean "you people"?

Because success makes you immune from the criticism, it's when things are not going well that the digs from "pundits" follow and articles calling for them to be sacked are more commonplace BUT as we saw Pardew despite being shit was immune to that and Carver has by and large been immune to that, can only think of Keown having a go at him and that was probably him just wanting to support a fellow defender getting called out by Carver

Plus I get the impression that the London press feel that they are somehow cosmopolitan enough to hire foreign managers, whereas those up north need good honest British managers who "understand the culture up there". Those down south are more educated as Pards would put it.

I'm not sure if it's xenophobia or a case of a century long 'old boys club,' where the code of the fraternity is to never criticize one of your own mates. The latter seems more likely as even Shearer does not go all out in criticizing cunts like Carver. Its like a tribe of shit wankers protecting themselves and guaranteeing jobs for the boys for another millennia.

I'm not sure if it's xenophobia or a case of a century long 'old boys club,' where the code of the fraternity is to never criticize one of your own mates. The latter seems more likely as even Shearer does not go all out in criticizing c***s like Carver. Its like a tribe of s*** w*****s protecting themselves and guaranteeing jobs for the boys for another millennia.

One of the things where Spanish media is very different is the fact that we have so few former footballers/managers acting as pundits compared to England. Interestingly, Spanish media is far more ruthless towards managers - foreign or local.

I too think that former footballers tend to be very deferential to colleagues, maybe just simply out of empathy. They have been there.

I'm even dreaming about this guy now.

I dreamt last night that he was a security guard at a car park in front of a building site, still wearing his blue nufc training top. He was just standing there with a big grin on his face.

I was going to go and talk to him and confront him about picking Raylor in midfield. But I was in a shed across the road and naked.

I think this means we are getting relegated.

John Carver says players can watch anything on TV this week but football, including "wrestling" #nufc

Carver asked any of his players NOT up for the fight v #whufc to leave the room and none walked out #nufc

Guest Roger Kint

Based on his early tweets today i can just imagine starry eyed Ryder lift his hand in the presser 'John your managerial career seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?'

John secures his role for next season using his most effective asset...

WARNING -IN ALL LIKELIHOOD YOU PROBABLY DO NOT REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS.  SERIOUSLY

http://i59.tinypic.com/j5f75x.jpg

Could have done with a warning like. Yuck  :icon_puke_r:

Guest Roger Kint

John secures his role for next season using his most effective asset...

WARNING -IN ALL LIKELIHOOD YOU PROBABLY DO NOT REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS.  SERIOUSLY

http://i59.tinypic.com/j5f75x.jpg

Could have done with a warning like. Yuck  :icon_puke_r:

Something like this you mean?

'WARNING -IN ALL LIKELIHOOD YOU PROBABLY DO NOT REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS.  SERIOUSLY'

Guest Roger Kint

Good to hear he spent the presser telling fans its their fault(again) the players are up for the fight(again) everyone knows how big this game is(again) the golf day out wouldnt have made money without him and players can watch wrestling.

Mans a fucking idiot

Guest Roger Kint

There is no hope with Carver, we just have to hope Man Utd beat Hull and then we extend his contract.

FYP :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Well in the sense that it would allow me to stop following Newcastle, I agree :lol:

:lol: I would hope a fair few would join you(and me) in that case. Still have 47k sitting in silence on Aug 8th mind