John Carver

Guest neesy111

Professional pride would see you doing all you could every day to learn West Ham inside and out, but this prat is off playing golf. Stinks of someone who's confident he'll get the gig no matter what.

Hughton wasn't even appointed permanently until the season was already well underway IIRC.

Yep, the pre season just drifted on and on with nothing from the club, the season started and Hughton was just left to run it.  I would bet they didnt even have a meeting it was just a quick phone call "can you manage it?" .

This is whats going to happen after this season and the start of next season.  It will be left to drift and Carver will start the season as manager/coach/lickspittle/cockroach/gremlin/antifootballtroll.

Professional pride would see you doing all you could every day to learn West Ham inside and out, but this prat is off playing golf. Stinks of someone who's confident he'll get the gig no matter what.

:sadnod:

Guardiola - for all the claims that he doesn't adapt to the opposition - reportedly spent hours upon hours watching opposition vids in his time at Barça. It actually takes work to be the best, you know. 

I mean, I'm not saying Carver has to give up all his free time while he's employed as NUFC manager; but this is the game that will decide the future of the club FFS.

Guest Gino14

How is John Carver being mostly absolved from blame from the media in this debacle?

I understand that the old boys network stick together and protect each other but this is the most blatant case of a manager being to blame that I have ever witnessed.

Regardless of what you think about Pardew, this same group of players was picking up points under his management and yet, under Carver we are now the worst team in the league by a distance.......and according to the media, it's the players who are 100% at fault. They're even sympathetic towards Carver in some instances.  He didn't even get that much of a shoe-ing for the 'best coach in the Premier League' comment.

It's criminally bad, misleading reporting and it makes me f***ing sick.

The thing that is laughable about it all, is that the same people saying Carver isn't to blame, will be saying we shouldn't have sacked Pardew.  So if it's totally the players then you'd have to assume the management didn't matter surely?  It just doesn't make any logical sense.  These players had a top half finish as a real possibility under Pardew and he was pretty dreadful, so if Carver is competent, the pattern of form should continue.  I'd expect a bottom half championship team to have a good shot at getting 9 points from 18 games.  Burnley are basically a championship squad and their form is much better than that, so are people really trying to say Carver's squad is worse than Burnley's?  The value of management is massively overlooked in the UK and it's still viewed with an air of scepticism, as if skills can be replaced with hard work and graft.  The bottom line is that if you have a moron in charge you will fail, no matter how much effort he puts in.  We need to work smarter, not harder and it's debatable whether or not Carver is even working hard, but we know he'll never be smart.

How is John Carver being mostly absolved from blame from the media in this debacle?

I understand that the old boys network stick together and protect each other but this is the most blatant case of a manager being to blame that I have ever witnessed.

Regardless of what you think about Pardew, this same group of players was picking up points under his management and yet, under Carver we are now the worst team in the league by a distance.......and according to the media, it's the players who are 100% at fault. They're even sympathetic towards Carver in some instances.  He didn't even get that much of a shoe-ing for the 'best coach in the Premier League' comment.

The thing that is laughable about it all, is that the same people saying Carver isn't to blame, will be saying we shouldn't have sacked Pardew.  So if it's totally the players then you'd have to assume the management didn't matter surely?  It just doesn't make any logical sense.  These players had a top half finish as a real possibility under Pardew and he was pretty dreadful, so if Carver is competent, the pattern of form should continue.  I'd expect a bottom half championship team to have a good shot at getting 9 points from 18 games.  Burnley are basically a championship squad and their form is much better than that, so are people really trying to say Carver's squad is worse than Burnley's?  The value of management is massively overlooked in the UK and it's still viewed with an air of scepticism, as if skills can be replaced with hard work and graft.  The bottom line is that if you have a moron in charge you will fail, no matter how much effort he puts in.  We need to work smarter, not harder and it's debatable whether or not Carver is even working hard, but we know he'll never be smart.

They understand very well. They just won't criticise a British man in charge. That's it. Lambert was awful for Villa and he rarely got slagged off. Ditto Warnock.

It's only the foreign managers or managers of top sides that can constant criticism.

Guest Gino14

They understand very well. They just won't criticise a British man in charge. That's it. Lambert was awful for Villa and he rarely got slagged off. Ditto Warnock.

It's only the foreign managers or managers of top sides that can constant criticism.

Definitely feels like with British Football, there's a horrible undercurrent of Xenophobia running through everything.

Guest Gino14

Tthe stupid prick thinks he's safe because Man Utd will beat Hull.  Does he realise Man Utd are going to have Valdes in goal, with a defence of Valencia, Young, Blackett and McNair?

Tthe stupid prick thinks he's safe because Man Utd will beat Hull.  Does he realise Man Utd are going to have Valdes in goal, with a defence of Valencia, Young, Blackett and McNair?

With Rooney now out as well apparently.

I know what your saying but cmon Valdes is one of the best keepers in the world.

Starting him is no hardship.

Guest Gino14

I know what your saying but cmon Valdes is one of the best keepers in the world.

Starting him is no hardship.

Normally no, but he's barely played and weakens them by them not having De Gea there.  I do rate him as a good keeper overall though.

Guest lincoln_imp

Definitely feels like with British Football, there's a horrible undercurrent of Xenophobia running through everything.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not criticising British managers equals xenephobia?

The two most popular managers in England are Mourinho and Van Gaal, and the British media turned like savages on Moyes once it became clear he would be sacked. Sorry that they don't criticise Carver, but if a man is trying to hang himself, why would they ask questions and stop the suicide? The more retarded a manager comes across, the more the media will let them go for it.

"horrible undercurrent of xenephobia" FFS, do you people think that your outlook is respected?

I certainly don't think it's an outrageous suggestion, citing Mourinho and Van Gaal is not valid as they are very good and operate at the top end of the table

It's more the reactions at the lower end of the table, compare the reactions the likes of Magath and Pepe Mel got to the reactions towards Pardew, Carver, Lambert etc