John Carver

Guest neesy111

I do think it's right he's gone, a new manager has to be able to appoint his own staff but I never like to see anyone sacked, from his point of view it's a bit harsh when he's clearly been promised he would be involved in some way next season.  I suppose he'll have the contract pay-off to console him.

100% good news, it makes McClaren' impending arrival more palatable. It's also a good omen that the new head coach has apparently insisted he brings his own people in and they have in this case acquiesced.

On the flip side, it shows that they were willing to pay off the idiots after all, so that makes it even more baffling that out off all the candidates they have gone for McClaren.

I do think it's right he's gone, a new manager has to be able to appoint his own staff but I never like to see anyone sacked, from his point of view it's a bit harsh when he's clearly been promised he would be involved in some way next season.  I suppose he'll have the contract pay-off to console him.

You're tripping man. If you're terrible at your job then you deserve the sack.

When was the last time anyone was officially sacked by NUFC? When Kinnear left, they claimed that he had resigned (which was obviously bullshit), think it was the same with Llambias, wasn't it?

Aye fair point, I wonder how it went down over the phone.

"We're going to sack you, do you want to resign, John?"

"Nar looka *lick* a kna what this job means to the people of Newcastle *lick* and a worked under Sir Bobby *lick* and am *lick* the best coach in the Premia league *lick lick*

"OK John, you're sacked."

:carverlick:

In the Chronicle story about Carver and Stone leaving they mention Palace want Andy Woodman

He's gone as well IMO, we're just waiting for Palace to take him rather than to have to sack him.

His fault was having his tongue so far up this regime's arse that he failed to realise he will be shafted just like we all have been for years. He can spend the rest of his life with the bitter aftertaste...

You're tripping man. If you're terrible at your job then you deserve the sack.

Aye, I'm too soft.  :lol: Tbh, he deserved sacking for abusing fans and offering them fights let alone anything else.

His fault was having his tongue so far up this regime's arse that he failed to realise he will be shafted just like we all have been for years. He can spend the rest of his life with the bitter aftertaste...

:snod:

Mate, this guy lost eight in a row and nearly got us relegated.

Who'd have thought that a coaching team that causes every player to get gradually worse would actually end up losing their jobs?

Shows where we are as a club when we're absolutely delighted two clearly incompetent 'coaches' lose their jobs

Guest firetotheworks

In the Chronicle story about Carver and Stone leaving they mention Palace want Andy Woodman

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/sugacube/Faces%20for%20Radio/HAII3.jpg

Guest Geordiesned

Beresford on SSN: "I know that John was proud that he didn't take Newcastle down."

Sums up Carver really; we were only under threat of going down because of HIM!