John Carver

Guest neesy111

surely his 'trial' is over now

He's as good as called time on it himself.

We have to appoint someone now. If Carver can't motivate himself to keep battling he's not going to be able to inspire his players.

:lol:

Couldn't they have just come out and said: "look, here's our new manager. We believe the current squad is good enough to stay up and we will keep our powder dry until the summer (haha) in order to let the new manager assess what he's got and what he requires" if they are such cheapskates that they won't even fix the two glaring holes in our squad with the tens and tens of millions they must be sitting on by now?

:lol:

Couldn't they have just come out and said: "look, here's our new manager. We believe the current squad is good enough to stay up and we will keep our powder dry until the summer (haha) in order to let the new manager assess what he's got and what he requires" if they are such cheapskates that they won't even fix the two glaring holes in our squad with the tens and tens of millions they must be sitting on by now?

Like Ashley is ever gonna aloud that to happen....

People have their views on Carver as a person,  but I don't think this is personal to many people. If he was perceived to be good enough, nobody would really object to him getting the job, at least I don't think so anyway. For me he's not really up to it and doesn't have either the skills or gravitas to be the head coach of a club like Newcastle.

I feel more upbeat after reading about what he said.  Judging by his relaxed attitude in the latter stages of the match i  really thought he was getting the job (my thinking being if it was me and this was my 'last' chance to make a good impression on my interviewers i would be going off my nut).

Fairly convinced now that he won't be getting it full time. Just too much at risk.

Still think he might be asked to take it until the summer though. Be funny as fuck if he turns that down, but he wouldn't.

Fairly convinced now that he won't be getting it full time. Just too much at risk.

Still think he might be asked to take it until the summer though. Be funny as f*** if he turns that down, but he wouldn't.

I think he might refuse to take it till the summer if he was told he had no job after that. So if Garde or whoever brings their own staff he might not like that arrangement. If he has a cushy assistant job guaranteed though there's no way he'll say no.

Still think he might be asked to take it until the summer though. Be funny as f*** if he turns that down, but he wouldn't.

I think he might refuse to take it till the summer if he was told he had no job after that. So if Garde or whoever brings their own staff he might not like that arrangement. If he has a cushy assistant job guaranteed though there's no way he'll say no.

He is on an 8 year contract.  He is not going to quit if he doesn't get the job as he won't want to lose his compo.

He is on an 8 year contract.  He is not going to quit if he doesn't get the job as he won't want to lose his compo.

He can refuse to be the caretaker without cancelling his current contract.

Just give him a sack of fag ends, he'll pure love just ploughing through it.

Why Ruud? Why would it be great if he got it? On what basis?

I'm sure people know it would be disaster and just want to laugh at us failing at this point. :lol:

Carragher couldn't hide his smirks when he was championing Carver for the job today.

He doesn't have to quit, he could just stay as assistant and then either take another role or wait to be sacked. In the case he doesn't take it I'm assuming someone like Beardsley would get it till the end of the season. Not sure if that's better or worse really.

As much as he was in the wrong for the way he acted in Pardew's defence and has been tainted by proxy of Pardew, coupled with the fact he's simply not good enough; a) you cannot blame him for applying for his dream job and b) you have to respect him for admitting he's out of his depth and having the clubs best interest at heart. I have more respect for him in these 3 weeks than I had in 4 years of Pardew.

Having said that I won't be gutted to see him replaced if Garde comes in with his own back room.

His contract won't be watertight. The club is ran by rats and there's no way they would have fenced themselves in with the coaching staff.

I reckon* they'll have put in a load of clauses.

*hope

Reckon it's linked to Pardews? "When current manager leaves it reverts to a *etc*"