Newcastle United 1 - 1 Tottenham - 22/01/11 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Simpson f*** no.

Barton and Ranger are the ones to blame for dropping two points today. Not because Barton was bad or so, but because he simply made a f***ing joke of a pass when it was four on two.

Ranger for being a selfish.

Good performance once again, and while I hate to say it bar Stevenage and the first Spurs match which I didn't see we have been playing very good football under Pardew. Defenitely top 10 performances.

Sorry, did you watch the f***ing game? Ranger had no support at all. Did well to get to that position and had a realistic chance of scoring if he shot.

Hey yes I did. And like I said wasn't criticizing their performances ffs. I just feel that those two wasted chances cost us 3 points. The first one was Rangers fault, he had plenty of support at that chance and Perch was yelling at him. Next it was Bartons bad pass.

I'm pissed at stupid stuff costing us two points but I'm still happy with the performance.

If we do our usual sit back and let them come at us approach to leading a game here then we're fucked.

:weep:

So...the team do the opposite and go for the second to kill off the game and get fucked.

Seems they're damned if they do...

Ranger showed more than Shola or Best did the whole game imo. Should have more time in the next game.

Did you not see Shola's curled shot or Best's effort off the bar? Ranger could have passed to Perch for a tap in. They all spurned chances.

They did, but Ranger would have burned Dawson for pace all night long.

Ranger did very well in his cameo, nothing to blame him for. The chance he missed when he skinned Dawson was a fucking hard angle to score from. He should be getting on in the 70th minute instead of Lovenkrands tbh to run at tired defences.

Simpson f*** no.

Barton and Ranger are the ones to blame for dropping two points today. Not because Barton was bad or so, but because he simply made a f***ing joke of a pass when it was four on two.

Good performance once again, and while I hate to say it bar Stevenage and the first Spurs match which I didn't see we have been playing very good football under Pardew. Defenitely top 10 performances.

Sorry, did you watch the f***ing game? Ranger had no support at all. Did well to get to that position and had a realistic chance of scoring if he shot.

If he'd played it across there was man free on back post.  Played it back there was a man there free as well I think.

Guest MrSundlofer

I think and hope this isn't effecting the team spirit at the squad. 4 points lost. They know 1-1 away at Sunderland is good and 1-1 home against Tottenham is good without Carroll and Tiote.

Next: 1-2 players in!

But we should have won this game.

Ranger did very well in his cameo, nothing to blame him for. The chance he missed when he skinned Dawson was a fucking hard angle to score from. He should be getting on in the 70th minute instead of Lovenkrands tbh to run at tired defences.

speaking of, why did Lovenkrands stop his run at niles shot, he couldn't have known if he was shooting or crossing, should have been a tap in

Ranger showed more than Shola or Best did the whole game imo. Should have more time in the next game.

Did you not see Shola's curled shot or Best's effort off the bar? Ranger could have passed to Perch for a tap in. They all spurned chances.

Yeah, two of them did it in 85 minutes and Ranger did it in 5.

speaking of, why did Lovenkrands stop his run at niles shot, he couldn't have known if he was shooting or crossing, should have been a tap in

Yeah, was puzzling. Maybe he thought he was offside?

Simpson f*** no.

Sorry, did you watch the fucking game? Ranger had no support at all. Did well to get to that position and had a realistic chance of scoring if he shot.

Ranger did very well twice to into a good crossing position and both times he had fuck all support. first time he beat his man in the box but it was a more difficult chance than it looked with the angle and cudicini closing down. 2nd time he puts a cross in with no one there.

plenty of other chances missed through the game too.

That was class play by Ranger, would have been a great goal.

I wouldn't say any one individual player was to blame for what happened, but we need to simply keep playing when we're ahead and not just try and defend what we've got for most of the second half. We've been doing that for as long as I can remember and annoys the shit out of me! :angry:

Ranger doesn't deserve any criticism, he should be getting more faith and time from the manager imo. Once he gets a goal he'll take off, he's only 19 ffs, he is the best option as a partner for Carroll bar none.

Disappointed as it looks like 2 points dropped for the second week running but considering I thought we were going to get stuffed.. well it could have been worse eh.

I wouldn't say any one individual player was to blame for what happened, but we need to simply keep playing when we're ahead and not just try and defend what we've got for most of the second half. We've been doing that for as long as I can remember and annoys the shit out of me! :angry:

yeah.... wasn't exactly over the moon when Pardew decided to hang on with what we had so early in the 2nd half. :hmm:

Hey!

A point against a top 5 team without Tiote, Ben Arfa and Carroll is great result. Just sucks to drop 4 points in the last minutes. Lets just hope these loss of points don't come haunting us at the end of the season.