Newcastle United 1 - 1 Tottenham - 22/01/11 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Ranger can go and fuck himself.

???

For what exactly?

for being a glory hunting cunt looking for his first goal, when Lovenkrands is stood alone in the 6yd box. A tap across and its 2-0. You could see half our team point straight towards Lovenkrands before he tried to score from behind the goal line.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ranger can go and f*** himself.

???

For what exactly? He was a real bright spark once he came on.

He should have squared it but he made the chance himself

Guest MrSundlofer

Simpson f*** no.

Barton and Ranger are the ones to blame for dropping two points today. Not because Barton was bad or so, but because he simply made a f***ing joke of a pass when it was four on two.

Ranger for being a selfish.

Good performance once again, and while I hate to say it bar Stevenage and the first Spurs match which I didn't see we have been playing very good football under Pardew. Defenitely top 10 performances.

Sorry, did you watch the f***ing game? Ranger had no support at all. Did well to get to that position and had a realistic chance of scoring if he shot.

If he'd played it across there was man free on back post.  Played it back there was a man there free as well I think.

This is the Premier League. You don't have time to look up for a pass when you are one-on-one with the goalkeeper. Especially not if you are a young unproven Premier League striker. We must be realistic. Ranger not to blame for 1-1.

Tbh, I was surprised we didn't concede before. We had no answer to Lennon's pace and they were carving out a lot of chances down our right side in the second half.

To look on the bright side, we've more than held our own against a Champions League side, despite being hit by absences of key players. The spirit and organisation of the side looks good.

We just need a bit more talent in there.  :razz:

If we do our usual sit back and let them come at us approach to leading a game here then we're fucked.

:weep:

So...the team do the opposite and go for the second to kill off the game and get fucked.

Seems they're damned if they do...

Where did I do this damning you're talking about?

See my previous post, I'm not saying they should go crazy all-out attack or anything, but simply trying to defend for 30 minutes is never going to work, we need to keep playing normally, after all that's what got us in the lead in the first place.

???

For what exactly? He was a real bright spark once he came on.

This. That chance just shows that he needs experience. This kid will blossom into a good striker one day. He and Carroll will rip teams apart.

Pretty much a carbon copy of the Mackems, then. How many chances did we have to put the game to bed? :facepalm: A good result but infuriating nonetheless.

Hopefully the break will fill out the duration of Carroll's injury and he's back for the next one. He's such a massive miss.

???

For what exactly?

for being a glory hunting cunt looking for his first goal, when Lovenkrands is stood alone in the 6yd box. A tap across and its 2-0. You could see half our team point straight towards Lovenkrands before he tried to score from behind the goal line.

:lol:

???

For what exactly?

The one where he took it around Dawson? Come off it man, he's entitled to go for goal when he's made himself an opening like that.

Spot on, you play those positions on almost pure instinct, maybe if he was an experienced striker with 10 years top football behind him he would have been calm enough to knock it across, but he isn't.

Only a tiny amount of blame attached to Ranger IMO.

Guest Chris P

Fuckity  fuck fuck. Makems repeat. still a point but Spurs were there for the taking. how many does shola need to miss before he scores one. ffs

Definitely with Tiote, Ben Arfa and Carroll we would have won.

Then again, if they'd had Bale we might have got beat!

I would've took a point before kick off, however, once Bale went off i thought the game was totally winnable. getting to half time without either side really impressing just emphasised that point, and the quality of our play for much of the 2nd half was deserving of the win.

bit more class in the final third and it's the kind of game that finishes 3-0 or 3-1.

Guest sittingontheball

Last weeks was a mega jammy ping pong goal but this week was a culmination of errors. Many chances to make it 2-0 and two awful attempts at open-field counter attacks, the second gifting it back to them for the punt that led to their goal. Lennon has no left foot so he's only going one way, but he's a little diving c**t so I can understand the fear of going in on him. We should never have given them a two on two. It was madness.

Anyway, that's two teams above us we can pretty much outplay without Tiote. Or Carroll for that matter. For all the limitations I think that means we must be pretty good.

I'm sorry but Barton was not rubbish in the centre in the second half. His pressing won us the ball a lot of the time and he had some fantastic link up play and passing to setup the team going forward, also got into some great positions to have a strike on goal.

Lost the ball sometimes, and also didn't finsh well, and obviously that last pass was diabolical, but he was likely knackered from the shift he put in. Great performance from him.

???

For what exactly?

The one where he took it around Dawson? Come off it man, he's entitled to go for goal when he's made himself an opening like that.

aye but if he had half a brain we would have 3pts.

???

For what exactly?

for being a glory hunting c*** looking for his first goal, when Lovenkrands is stood alone in the 6yd box. A tap across and its 2-0. You could see half our team point straight towards Lovenkrands before he tried to score from behind the goal line.

Are you serious? :lol:

A big mistake from pardew to not have any central midfielders with him in this game. I dont see the point of having 3 strikers on the bench, and where is Vuckic? We lost the balance of the team when Perch came in for Guthrie.