Europe: would you take, er, 5th place right now?

kirkwdavis2001

Will be quite gutting for anyone who finishes 7th to have done so in the rare situation that a team that might be in the Championship next season have actually qualified through the cup spots which are usually a banker for one of the top 5.

Can we still qualify through 7th if an English team win the europa league,or will that actually further reduce the amount of qualification spots as with the champions league winners?

Yes, if they finish top five.

It's just madness to suggest that people can't be happy because of the off-chance that we might just finish 7th place.

We're not even 7th atm man.

Aye, we'll never make up those one points.

And the season ends as soon as we make up that point, yeah?

I'm happy that Birmingham won - I'm a football fan as well as a Newcastle fan. So shoot me.

Can we still qualify through 7th if an English team win the europa league,or will that actually further reduce the amount of qualification spots as with the champions league winners?

Yes, if they finish top five.

Not if they finish in the Champs League spots and are not going to defend the Europa League though. So Man City / Liverpool needs to win Europa League and finish outside top 4.

Guest toonlass

I don't think we have the strength in depth to be able to compete in any way in Europe next season. I would be happy with a top ten finish, and if the mackems don't make Europe all the better.

It's just madness to suggest that people can't be happy because of the off-chance that we might just finish 7th place.

We're not even 7th atm man.

Aye, we'll never make up those one points.

And the season ends as soon as we make up that point, yeah?

I'm happy that Birmingham won - I'm a football fan as well as a Newcastle fan. So shoot me.

Why say something on an internet forum if you wouldn't say that to Ashley Cole's face?