Season Tickets

Guest BooBoo

:clap:  great post, just stupid to get on your high horse about people reconsidering their season ticket. considering they are mostly £500+, then on top of it you've got all your travel + other expenses. I've lived away from Newcastle for the past 3 years, the increasing cost of travel, increasing pressures on budgets around the country at the moment and the fact that it's simply not enjoyable at the moment are all perfectly good reasons to reconsider a season ticket. I know fine well I'll be there next season, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of giving up going never crosses my mind. 

I never mentioned anyone not renewing for financial reasons. Other people brought the cost factor in to fit their agenda as they knew deep down I was right. Family and paying the bills always comes first.

My point still stands and that was that if every supporter took a hissy fit like many on here are doing and stopped attending when we weren't playing well or because they didn't like the manager we wouldn't have a club to support.

Thankfully the few cowards on here who want to stop going because things aren't great are vastly outnumbered by those who'll stand by the club during the thick (and many) thin times.

We would, we'd have a club run by someone other than Ashley pretty quickly. Stop calling people cowards man, it just makes you look stupid.

Been going since 83, season ticket holder since 89. Daft thing is back then it cost next to nowt to watch NUFC. £45 was the price of my first season ticket, albeit a kids one. Now people are whinging about the costs yet the attendances have rocketed since those days as the sky generation pack stadiums out demanding to be entertained and then spitting the dummy when they're not enjoying it as much as they thought they would.

What's even the point in all this 'sky generation' stuff. Nothing I can do about when I was born and extremely difficult to attend games prior to conception.

No point other than to emphasize the spoilt brat mentality which seems to have hold of many fans who go to the match these days and a few off this very message board. Crying like bairns and threatening not to renew because we've had a disappointing season and they don't like the manager. Pathetic.

Hang on, this all started because I said I wouldn't renew as a form of protest towards Pardew's management. I suppose you think all forms of protest constitutes 'crying like bairns' and is pathetic do you? Are we really going down THAT road?

:clap:

GM proving again why he's the best poster on here imo.

Comparing patronising a restaurant to supporting your club which (outside of any financial involvement) has all the emotional civic, community, and family ties that Newcastle United represents?

Nah, not having that. :lol:

So come up with a better analogy then, rather than resorting to your stock in trade of sneering haughtily at other people expressing themselves honestly and openly. Should make for good reading, if you actually bother to do something other than just sneering.  :cool:

I'm not sure there is something analogous as far as my life goes, and I just outlined why in my opinion someones relationship to a restaurant seems to me fundamentally different to how I see my relationship to the club.

Sneering haughtily? Nah, not having that. :lol:

/genuinely incredulous at the comparison, maybe. O0

:clap:

GM proving again why he's the best poster on here imo.

Comparing patronising a restaurant to supporting your club which (outside of any financial involvement) has all the emotional civic, community, and family ties that Newcastle United represents?

Nah, not having that. :lol:

So come up with a better analogy then, rather than resorting to your stock in trade of sneering haughtily at other people expressing themselves honestly and openly. Should make for good reading, if you actually bother to do something other than just sneering.  :cool:

I'm not sure there is something analogous as far as my life goes, and I just outlined why in my opinion someones relationship to a restaurant seems to me fundamentally different to how I see my relationship to the club.

Sneering haughtily? Nah, not having that. :lol:

/genuinely incredulous at the comparison, maybe. O0

It wasn't a great analogy but it was the best I could come up with at the time - bit too crude to capture all the things the club means to us, the fans, the city and the region, I grant you.

:clap:  great post, just stupid to get on your high horse about people reconsidering their season ticket. considering they are mostly £500+, then on top of it you've got all your travel + other expenses. I've lived away from Newcastle for the past 3 years, the increasing cost of travel, increasing pressures on budgets around the country at the moment and the fact that it's simply not enjoyable at the moment are all perfectly good reasons to reconsider a season ticket. I know fine well I'll be there next season, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of giving up going never crosses my mind. 

I never mentioned anyone not renewing for financial reasons. Other people brought the cost factor in to fit their agenda as they knew deep down I was right. Family and paying the bills always comes first.

My point still stands and that was that if every supporter took a hissy fit like many on here are doing and stopped attending when we weren't playing well or because they didn't like the manager we wouldn't have a club to support.

Thankfully the few cowards on here who want to stop going because things aren't great are vastly outnumbered by those who'll stand by the club during the thick (and many) thin times.

Nobody has said they want to stop. Many have said they're considering doing it because of the cost-benefit of the football and how much they enjoy it and whether it is really worth it to themselves. The financial side of it goes hand in hand, and if you think the people posting in this thread aren't motivated largely by that factor then you're being very naive. Of course its the reason. If we all had infinite cash to burn then nobody would even think twice about going.

Football isn't like most other forms of entertainment meaning entertainment isn't guaranteed.

This seems to be a concept that yourself and many of the new "sky generation" of football fans don't seem to be able to grasp.

If you want guaranteed entertainment for your money, football isn't for you I'm afraid.

If youre 35, then you are the "sky generation" mate

Been going since 83, season ticket holder since 89. Daft thing is back then it cost next to nowt to watch NUFC. £45 was the price of my first season ticket, albeit a kids one. Now people are whinging about the costs yet the attendances have rocketed since those days as the sky generation pack stadiums out demanding to be entertained and then spitting the dummy when they're not enjoying it as much as they thought they would.

If you gave up your season ticket in 2010 after 19 years that would be 1991. Sky sports started 1991, and going on about being entertained, Keegan joined that season as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know the consequences of cancelling my direct debit if I am on the 10 year season ticket plan? Will th club try and reclaim full cost of ticket for next season? Or will I just lose my contributions already paid for next year.

Anyone know the consequences of cancelling my direct debit if I am on the 10 year season ticket plan? Will th club try and reclaim full cost of ticket for next season? Or will I just lose my contributions already paid for next year.

Cancelled mine today and they just stop all future payments.

Guest firetotheworks

I cancelled my  9 season DD a few weeks ago but forgot to mention it to NUFC. I got an email from them today asking me to phone them. Does anyone know what's likely to happen?

Don't you have to cancel Jan prior?

Don't you have to cancel Jan prior?

No. Only took 2 emails to sort it.

Interesting. Seriously considering this. Why pay to get your weekend ruined routinely and be extremely pissed off?

Needing a bit of help regarding how to go about cancelling my season ticket for next year. I'm on the monthly DD and started paying for this season back in March over 11 months which means it's paid for in January. However since I got my ST for this season i've got wor lass up the duff and my shift pattern has changed at work meaning money will be a bit tighter and I can only get to around 75% of the matches now anyway. Want to cancel it for next season, well downgrade to a membership anyway, but is it just a case of going to the ticket office and telling them or does it need to be put in writing and is there a deadline for informing them? Just thought i'd ask on here first before I ring their 0844 number and spend ages on hold.

:lol:

Speaking as someone who packed in my season ticket after 19 seasons last summer and has been paying game by game for last season I can say that the SE Corner is one of the most populated parts of the ground when it comes to Season Ticket holders. I tend to buy my tickets as soon as they are released for online sale and the sections in there were always showing 'limited' or 'nearly sold out' whereas the SW, NW & NE Corners always showed 'good' availability when they first went on General sale. I reckon that there's a maximum of 400 free seats in there as opposed to well over 1,000 in SW and NE corners.

Seems to me that they are putting people in there because with it already being quite full they can dot people about better whereas in the other 3 corners or the Gallowgate Upper people could have a better pick of seats and still end up congregating together.

I was going to get another season ticket for next year after my year out but they can shove it now. Total disgrace how they feel they can treat loyal supporters like this and just get away with it time and time again. "We're moving you yet again next season. We'll tell you where you'll be sitting despite there now being 20,000 free seats available because we've managed to p*ss off so many fans over the past 4 years. Oh yes, and we'll be wanting an extra £110 off you now as well for moving you to somewhere you don't really want to go to!" F**k off man.

Northern League for me next season. I'll walk along to Newcastle Benfield to watch my football. At least they appreciate my support there, and I hope those of you that they still haven't bothered ringing yet get sorted with half decent seats.

Oops.

:lol: shit.

Move over Cole & Beckford.  :lol:

Anyway, anyone who pays for a season ticket after that shit and after hearing Pardew will be staying on wants locking up. Fair play like, but you are mad.

If everything had gone to plan i'd have bought two tickets for next season. One for me and one in the wifes name would have been shared by various family members and workmates.

But fuck that! We've had some thoroughly depressing times in the past, but this is different. It's the first summer in living memory i haven't been itching for the new season to start, i'm actually not bothered about watching NUFC.

I won't go as far as saying this club has finally beaten me, but fuck me it's close.