SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

I'm quite happy we are not going after him to be honest. £10m is a lot of money for a player who's primary position is left midfield where we now have four players who can play there. He is a quality player but I think the £10m could be much better spent on a striker.

He's NOT a left midfielder anymore.

Be prepared for more of the same..... nufc end their interest in £10m rated "x" as they find a cheaper injury prone alternative. Meanwhile Ashley continues to sell off players and line his pockets.

Be prepared for more of the same..... nufc end their interest in £10m rated "x" as they find a cheaper injury prone alternative. Meanwhile Ashley continues to sell off players and line his pockets.

You have missed out "While Pardew keeps saying the £35 million will be reinvested from Carroll sale" 

You have missed out "While Pardew keeps saying the £35 million will be reinvested from Carroll sale" 

And you've also missed out "It's only 19th June"

Where is the

I'm quite happy we are not going after him to be honest. £10m is a lot of money for a player who's primary position is left midfield where we now have four players who can play there. He is a quality player but I think the £10m could be much better spent on a striker.

Newcastle have ended their interest in Wigan’s Charlie N’Zogbia while Chelsea’s £20million Dan Sturridge – although he has admirers at St James’ Park – is not a serious target. Now £10 million on Sturridge would be a great investment imho as the Ashley mandate is to buy and sell at a profit and could be worth £30 million at the end of next season if he keeps improving ,so worth a punt and i would be happy him wearing the no 9 shirt .

So we should buy £20m rated Sturridge for £10m. Why didn't Ashley think of that?

I think we should buy him for £2m. Imagine the sell on value then!!!

£20 million rated  i must have missed that  sauce ?

Err....

Newcastle have ended their interest in Wigan’s Charlie N’Zogbia while Chelsea’s £20million Dan Sturridge...

:laugh:

Another fool :rolleyes:

He'd need to take circa £150 Million out before he even started "lining his pockets"

Correct toonpack and the plan is to recoup as much as possible before selling up. So don't be too disappointed when we keep narrowly missing out on these £10m rated 'targets'.

I still think we are in for him, where just playing games with Wigan to try and get them to lower the price.

I'd love to see how that works.

NUFC: "£8m for N'Zogbia then?"

WAFC: "£12m."

NUFC: "Ok then, we're no longer interested in the player".

WAFC: *thank fuck for that, let's drop it to £8m*

NUFC: "Haha, only joking I had my fingers crossed. £8m it is then".

From Skysports:

"We've suspended betting on the transfers of Charles N'Zogbia and Alexis Sanchez following significant backing for them at short prices to join Newcastle and Barcelona respectively."

i'm refusing to believe we're not in for him because it wouldn't make sense. he's mint, we need him, the fee is reasonable and he wants to come back. hopefully we'll do a u-turn like Ba and theres plenty of time to do that. i can't see us sitting back whilst someone else goes for him.

I still think we are in for him, where just playing games with Wigan to try and get them to lower the price.

I'd love to see how that works.

NUFC: "£8m for N'Zogbia then?"

WAFC: "£12m."

NUFC: "Ok then, we're no longer interested in the player".

WAFC: *thank f*** for that, let's drop it to £8m*

NUFC: "Haha, only joking I had my fingers crossed. £8m it is then".

More like we offered around 8-9 million which they turned down, and we wait till the end of the window and hope they want him gone before he runs down his contract.

Douglas was told we weren't interested earlier this week. Noises yesterday though suggests we still haven't given him up entirely.

I know he has a few things right, but they are not likely to tell him everything anyway, plus these things change all the time.

Douglas was told we weren't interested earlier this week. Noises yesterday though suggests we still haven't given him up entirely.

I know he has a few things right, but they are not likely to tell him everything anyway, plus these things change all the time.

True.

Didn't someone on twitter say we definitely weren't interested in Ba?

Wouldn't be surprised at all if we're already in negotiations. That's how we roll.

Think Douglas said a few weeks ago that we weren't in for Ba because of concerns about his injury.

He's proven to be one of the more reliable sources on twitter, but I wouldn't take his word on Nzogbia as gospel.

He's just written an article suggesting Ameobi will be in the first Xl next year. I think the blokes marginally less clueless than some, but still a f***ing disgrace to journalism - if there is such a thing.

Did Douglas know anything at all about Marveaux? If not then I'd doubt the credibility/reliability of his source. Might just be a secretary at St James' he's slept with (think that's what Martin Jol on here has for his Spurs ITK source?).