SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest Mantis

How did everybody feel when he left last time?

Delighted.  It would be nice to resurrect that thread.

Guest Antec

How did everybody feel when he left last time?

Delighted.  It would be nice to resurrect that thread.

Worth reading this one from the start as well

Unless we have a departure or two, I really can't see us being in for him with us having Marveaux, HBA, Jonas, Ferguson, Barton and Ryan Taylor who can all play on the wing.

Ferguson can't be relied on, he's too young and untried. Barton and Taylor should never be allowed anywhere near a wing position.

That leaves Marveaux, Ben Arfa and Jonas. Ben Arfa prefers a number 10 role off a striker.

That leaves Marveaux and Jonas.

Looking a little bit thin on the ground, especially considering Marveaux's hamstring is made of blancmange.

So personally I'd take N'Zogbia, or at least someone else who is proficeint and quick to play on the wing. We need another winger, a right back and a striker IMO. And if Jose goes we need a left back as well.

Barton was arguably our best player last season, and he played on the right-wing. Wtf are you on about.

Barton played well on the wing when he had Carroll's head to aim at. He has no pace, can't beat a man, no trickery up his sleeve. Once Carroll left, Barton's assists dried up. He can pick a good pass, but we need wingers with pace who can beat a man and offer a threat. If we play Barton on the wing next season, he'll be found out. That's 'wtf' I am on about.

Guest palnese

Barton was arguably our best player last season, and he played on the right-wing. Wtf are you on about.

Nope. He played as a wide playmaker and often came inside, but he never played on the wing.

Nope. He played as a wide playmaker and often came inside, but he never played on the wing.

He's far worse in the middle. Terrible CM.

He surely was, but I think he would thrive in a 4-3-3

Guest palnese

What?