SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Did Douglas know anything at all about Marveaux? If not then I'd doubt the credibility/reliability of his source. Might just be a secretary at St James' he's slept with (think that's what Martin Jol on here has for his Spurs ITK source?).

Dont think many knew about Marveaux tbh. He had almost signed for Liverpool before something happened, and then we flew him straight to Newcastle.

Did Douglas know anything at all about Marveaux? If not then I'd doubt the credibility/reliability of his source. Might just be a secretary at St James' he's slept with (think that's what Martin Jol on here has for his Spurs ITK source?).

Nah Jol is a member of the Spurs ITK Council.

Where is the

I'm quite happy we are not going after him to be honest. £10m is a lot of money for a player who's primary position is left midfield where we now have four players who can play there. He is a quality player but I think the £10m could be much better spent on a striker.

Newcastle have ended their interest in Wigan’s Charlie N’Zogbia while Chelsea’s £20million Dan Sturridge – although he has admirers at St James’ Park – is not a serious target. Now £10 million on Sturridge would be a great investment imho as the Ashley mandate is to buy and sell at a profit and could be worth £30 million at the end of next season if he keeps improving ,so worth a punt and i would be happy him wearing the no 9 shirt .

So we should buy £20m rated Sturridge for £10m. Why didn't Ashley think of that?

I think we should buy him for £2m. Imagine the sell on value then!!!

£20 million rated  i must have missed that  sauce ?

Err....

Newcastle have ended their interest in Wigan’s Charlie N’Zogbia while Chelsea’s £20million Dan Sturridge...

:laugh:

Shearergol said that price not me dear boy  :iamatwat: Have Chelski put a value on Sturridge in your knowledge  :undecided: or just speculating  :laugh:

Douglas is being fed stories by NUFC.  No doubt he is trying to follow them up with other sources to confirm them but I would not be surprised if the club are using the local media to their advantage.

Guest icemanblue

Douglas is being fed stories by NUFC.  No doubt he is trying to follow them up with other sources to confirm them but I would not be surprised if the club are using the local media to their advantage.

:thup:

There's no doubt that we're still after him, which is good news. It means that we didn't settle for Marveaux.

It'll be him or Barnetta in as our second winger, and hopefully we'll line up 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 like this:

Tiote    Cabaye

N'Zogbia  HBA  Marveaux

Ba

Tiote

Matuidi        Cabaye

HBA            N'Zogbia

Ba

Or if we get Erdinc in, we could even go 4-3-1-2, like this:

Matuidi    Tiote  Cabaye

HBA

Erdinc      Ba

with some real depth on the bench.

I reckon Matuidi is the one that's least likely to happen because we can go 4-2-3-1 without using him (and he's likely to be the most expensive), but that's an extremely offensive formation that wouldn't be appropriate for quite a few matches.

Shearergol said that price not me dear boy  :iamatwat: Have Chelski put a value on Sturridge in your knowledge  :undecided: or just speculating  :laugh:

He got that price from the article you quoted! :lol:

He got that price from the article you quoted! :lol:

Douglas stated that price but its not come from Chelski and thats why i questioned the fee tbh  O0

Not too bad, I did think he was mismanaged by Kinnear and the signing of Duff, but he also said some things that weren't advisable IIRC.

I certainly didn't think he would become as good a player as he has in this league.

He showed here the season before Duff arrived that he could go on to become a very good player.

Not too bad, I did think he was mismanaged by Kinnear and the signing of Duff, but he also said some things that weren't advisable IIRC.

I certainly didn't think he would become as good a player as he has in this league.

He showed here the season before Duff arrived that he could go on to become a very good player.

You could be right, I just don't remember thinking he would be as good as he has. Especially when he signed for Wigan, I thought he would be one of those who talked himself up as world class but ended up average. I'm often wrong about these things!

Yep. I know you were one of those who pointed it out at the time and so was Wullie off the top of my head.