SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest johnson293

Villa will be in for a shock in 5 years when they see N'Zogbia ACTUALLY cost them well over £20 million in fees and wages :lol:

On a more serious note, how can Villa afford to buy these players and we can't? Bent, Given and N'Zogbia cost pretty much what they received for Young and Downing and I doubt they're finished either. Liverpool and Sunderland are reinvesting their huge transfer fees too.

Milner fee paid for Bent, apparently.

So the £37m (?) for Young and Downing will be helping with this summers spend.

Guest johnson293

They're using income from selling players directly for the purchase of replacements? Madness.

Maybe their training facilities didn't need any work and a bore hole, and they might already have a tarmac edge to their pitch, too?

They're using income from selling players directly for the purchase of replacements? Madness.

Yeah, but their utility bills will be through the roof. Swings and roundabouts.

Villa will be in for a shock in 5 years when they see N'Zogbia ACTUALLY cost them well over £20 million in fees and wages :lol:

On a more serious note, how can Villa afford to buy these players and we can't? Bent, Given and N'Zogbia cost pretty much what they received for Young and Downing and I doubt they're finished either. Liverpool and Sunderland are reinvesting their huge transfer fees too.

That's true. The question still stands though. Can't imagine the wage bill % at those 3 clubs is small either.

Utter mugs paying that for him given his contract situation. That will certainly comfort me when he rips us a new arsehole again. I've no doubt it'll cause the Villa fans to lose sleep too.

Yeah, but their utility bills will be through the roof. Swings and roundabouts.

We get a new coffee machine in the training ground canteen though, they don't :huff:

this will surely come back to haunt them, what they should've done is sign someone for free who's never played in this league and has a dodgy injury record. sucks for them that they're dead against paying outrageous agent fees

Guest dazzanufc1892

welcome to the little shit. losing two solid pro's in downing and young for this ego....

he and ireland are going to run riot over AM

What a great 24 hours - Enrique, Ben Arfa and now this. I still think its unacceptable that we've not gone for him and I'd just like to add that the board are bellends of the highest order! Only consolation is that he's not going to Sunderland - that would've hurt.

Bent was bought with the money we got from flogging Milner.

I thought Downing was our best player last year and wanted him to stay, but I have to say, Downing out for Given plus N'Zogbia plus 7 million pounds is excellent business.

Of the Downing + Young money, that still leaves 23m unspent. We won't be spending anything like that much, though. I'd be surprised if we spent more than another 10. Very surprised.

MON left us with a gigantic wage bill and a selection of players doing fuck all, who cost big money (try Heskey, 3.5 year deal for a 32 year old, 65k a week, for instance).

We're in a consolidation phase for at least the next season until we get some of this dross off the payroll.

This may bring another club out. They know the fee now

Whelan has been telling everyone the fee for the last 2 weeks in the media. The fact it is 9.5 not 10 as it turns out doesn't really make much of a difference.

That's true. The question still stands though. Can't imagine the wage bill % at those 3 clubs is small either.

88 percent last season.

See my post above.

This summer we've released Reo-Coker, Carew, Pires, Salifou, Osbourne, Friedel and three others (who I can't recall) - ten players in total.

And we still have Beye (40k, another year left) and Heskey (65k, another year left) who we can't shift to save our lives.

Guest kingdawson

Bent was bought with the money we got from flogging Milner.

I thought Downing was our best player last year and wanted him to stay, but I have to say, Downing out for Given plus N'Zogbia plus 7 million pounds is excellent business.

Of the Downing + Young money, that still leaves 23m unspent. We won't be spending anything like that much, though. I'd be surprised if we spent more than another 10. Very surprised.

MON left us with a gigantic wage bill and a selection of players doing f*** all, who cost big money (try Heskey, 3.5 year deal for a 32 year old, 65k a week, for instance).

We're in a consolidation phase for at least the next season until we get some of this dross off the payroll.

wtf Heskey is on more then every player in our squad?

wtf Heskey is on more then every player in our squad?

He is, believe it or not, our top earner.

Lerner's right hand man, Krulak, posts on a lot of our forums. His son does, too, and let slip the Heskey nugget.

No wonder we can't shift him.

See, when outsiders say what a genius O'Neill was, they overlook stuff like the fact he'd never bother scouting players and just throw big transfer fees and stupid wages at UK based players because it was easier.

He threw a strop and left because we wouldn't let him throw similar daft money at Robbie Keane (yes, yes) and Aiden McGeady.

Ask yourself this. When Heskey rocks up, just about to turn 32, and is given a 3.5 year contract at 65k a week, or when Beye rocks up and gets a three year deal aged 32 on 40k a week, how well was Martin O'Neill managing - key word, "managing" - the club at that point?