SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Why didn't Villa sign Marveaux as well as Zog as well then? Not to mention they should have been in for Cabaye and Ba seeing as they were all available cheap.

Give over man.  :lol:

Are you just going to ignore the players who have come in? People are arguing why we didn't sign Zog and I don't see if we can make all these signings what was stopping Villa? Haven't they sold a shit load of players for big money?

If you looked at our forums and what people were saying recently, and still are in some cases, "look at Newcastle, they've got players in, we're doing nothing but get rid of them" was one of the most frequently heard things.

Transfer window open = paranoia, delusion, misunderstanding and anger.

That was my point even though it seems beyond some people's comprehension. That's not to say Zog wouldn't have been a good signing, but knowing our lot if we'd spent that much on him we wouldn't still be in for Erdinc. I said it way back in this thread that I couldn't see us signing Marveaux and Erdinc then still going ahead and signing Zog. The daft thing is I was one of the most vocal critics of the decision to sell him at the time. It's not like I wouldn't want him here but you have to look at the bigger picture.

We've replaced our losses have we? Can't see a good enough Carroll replacement myself. We needed two strikers before we sold him in January. Nor can I see a decent enough Enrique replacement when he finally f***s off.

Although I'm not surprised some can't understand what Villa are doing. Losing a left winger and spending the money to replace him with a quality left winger. How crazy!?

If N'Zogbia goes through, they'll have brought in 2 players (Given being the other) for £12.5m.

They have lost 10 players (including around 5 first teamers) for a combined total of £36m this window alone.

If you are including Carroll, then you also have to include Ben Arfa as part of the winter window.

This window we have so far brought in 4 in while losing one first teamer.

Let's see where we both stand at the end of the window, but as it stands now, yes I can see what they are doing, cost cutting to a far greater extent than we are, and not in a better position than when the window opened.

So what am I missing that Villa are doing Jonny?

So what am I missing that Villa are doing Jonny?

Buying proven Premiership footballers for a start.

Fair enough, so have we in Ba at least. They have lost more proven Premiership footballers than we have so far though.

Carroll >* Ba.

Downing <= N'Zogbia

That's what Villa are doing that we aren't.

*IMO, before anyone comes out with "Well how much have you seen of Ba?!?!??"

Fair enough, so have we in Ba at least. They have lost more proven Premiership footballers than we have so far though.

Ba has played 12 games in this country, N'Zogbia over 200.

Carroll >* Ba.

Downing <= N'Zogbia

That's what Villa are doing that we aren't.

*IMO, before anyone comes out with "Well how much have you seen of Ba?!?!??"

Downing <= N'Zogbia I'd tend to agree with, different kind of players though. Lets see if they similarly replace Young.

Ba has played 12 games in this country, N'Zogbia over 200.

And Carrolls played 24 games. I think that's enough to label them both Premiership quality.

And Carrolls played 24 games. I think that's enough to label them both Premiership quality.

Carroll played 24 last season which isn't his only Premiership season.

Carroll played 24 last season which isn't his only Premiership season.

Whey, there were very few of us acknowledging him as Premiership quality before we went down now were there.

Funny how we dont wanna pay 9.5mil for a player we bid 12mil for 6 months ago

Or was that just more Bulshit from pards. :rant:

Pards denied a bid I think?  Seem to remember he talked of interest but no bid.