SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

If he'd had gone to Sunderland last season it would be a different situation, but if we're in for him and he chooses Sunderland he'd get some right old stick wherever he goes in the Toon. Bramble is a fun figure, Caldwell and Chopra nobodies, players we didn't want back and if we saw in the street would laugh at rather than verbally abuse.

I can't see him being able to go out in town as an ex-Newcastle/current Mackem player without getting a lot of stick.

Doesn't stop Bramble going out in Newcastle.

Didn't stop Lee Clark.

Didn't stop Steven Caldwell.

Didn't stop Michael Chopra.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.

Any players we've shared recently who aren't shit? (Excluding Clarky of course)

TT has hit the nail on the head.

Must try harder wearsider.

I can't see him being able to go out in town as an ex-Newcastle/current Mackem player without getting a lot of stick.

Doesn't stop Bramble going out in Newcastle.

Didn't stop Lee Clark.

Didn't stop Steven Caldwell.

Didn't stop Michael Chopra.

I'm sure you can see where this is going.

can't you see the difference between those and the n'zogbia situation ?

And Bramble didn't have the choice of clubs N'Zogbia will have to sign for. Sunderland can't offer him anything we can't plus his lifestyle would be hindered. Unless Sunderland offer a lot more cash to Wigan than us or daft wages I doubt he'd go to Sunderland.

The only way Zog will return here is if indeed Sunderland are the only other club in for him.

There's a slim chance we might have a buyback/first option clause but I very much doubt it, considering the circumstances of his move to Wigan..

Still think he'd go to Liverpool/Villa/Spurs, depending on who buys/sells wingers.

The only way Zog will return here is if indeed Sunderland are the only other club in for him.

There's a slim chance we might have a buyback/first option clause but I very much doubt it, considering the circumstances of his move to Wigan..

Still think he'd go to Liverpool/Villa/Spurs, depending on who buys/sells wingers.

liverpool bringing in merveaux,spurs have bale and pienaar, we are as attractive an option as villa with him knowing the area and having friends here.

buy backs mean fuck all bar the first official chance to talk to a player (when you know he's already made his mind up top go elsewhere as his agent has been in touch with 6 other clubs already)

Could see Liverpool going in for him if they can't get Downing/Young.

Can you imagine what a detestable bunch they will be if they have Suarez, Kuyt and Young? All they'd need was Busquets and they'd be sniper'd for real by discontented opposition.

Guest Wearside

And Bramble didn't have the choice of clubs N'Zogbia will have to sign for. Sunderland can't offer him anything we can't plus his lifestyle would be hindered. Unless Sunderland offer a lot more cash to Wigan than us or daft wages I doubt he'd go to Sunderland.

Yes,that wasn't your argument though,it's ridiculous to suggest he would pick a club just so he wouldn't get a crack off rival supporters.

N'Zogbia has no emotional attachment to Newcastle,he is merely a former player who wanted to leave,foreign mercenarys like N'Zogbia are not bothered about local rivalry and he will go to whoever offers the biggest wage packet.

Could see Liverpool going in for him if they can't get Downing/Young.

Can you imagine what a detestable bunch they will be if they have Suarez, Kuyt and Young? All they'd need was Busquets and they'd be sniper'd for real by discontented opposition.

How on earth is Dirk Kuyt detestable?

Yes,that wasn't your argument though,it's ridiculous to suggest he would pick a club just so he wouldn't get a crack off rival supporters.

N'Zogbia has no emotional attachment to Newcastle,he is merely a former player who wanted to leave,foreign mercenarys like N'Zogbia are not bothered about local rivalry and he will go to whoever offers the biggest wage packet.

No offence but the foreign mercenaries tag usually applies to players who have to be dragged to Sunderland. Was it Muntari who recently fled the club because he couldn't stand it any longer?

Zog did some growing up here and he'll have a bit more attachment than your average Frenchie. Only daft money would persuade him to pick Sunderland ahead of us IMO.