Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

I'd still take Djibril Cisse like. 44 goals in 57 appearances in Greece suggests he's over his injury nightmares and scoring goals. Could be similar to when Bolton got Anelka. I'd be more than happy to see us pay up to £10m for him and giving him the number 9 shirt.

:facepalm:

Yet you'd happily have us take Jones?

I'd still take Djibril Cisse like. 44 goals in 57 appearances in Greece suggests he's over his injury nightmares and scoring goals. Could be similar to when Bolton got Anelka. I'd be more than happy to see us pay up to £10m for him and giving him the number 9 shirt.

:facepalm:

Says he who wants Kenwyne. :dowie:

I like Kenwyne Jones, would be a good signing. However, he's just moved to Stoke for 8mil at the beginning of the season, who, as has already been stated are probably finishing above us and have been in an FA Cup final. I'd only take him if he cost 5 or 6 mil, let alone the 12+ he'd probably cost.

Did he not say he was happier back down that neck of the woods n all rather than up here?

Not sure why Cisse's such a bad suggestion like. He would guarantee 12 to 15 goals.

I'd rather go for Anelka if he's being shipped out this summer.

Anelka is 32, man. Cisse is 29.

Anelka's the better of the two, and his age will be reflected in his price. Cisse will be awful when he loses his pace, plus he comes across as a bit of a prick.

I like Kenwyne Jones, would be a good signing. However, he's just moved to Stoke for 8mil at the beginning of the season, who, as has already been stated are probably finishing above us and have been in an FA Cup final. I'd only take him if he cost 5 or 6 mil, let alone the 12+ he'd probably cost.

Did he not say he was happier back down that neck of the woods n all rather than up here?

I didn't know that. Definitely don't want him if he's tarring Newcastle with the same brush he does Sunderland.

Not sure why Cisse's such a bad suggestion like. He would guarantee 12 to 15 goals.

I'd rather go for Anelka if he's being shipped out this summer.

Anelka is 32, man. Cisse is 29.

Anelka's the better of the two, and his age will be reflected in his price. Cisse will be awful when he loses his pace, plus he comes across as a bit of a prick.

Since when? Not this season or last.

Guest levi914

I'd be tempted to go for Giovani dos Santos, assuming a deal moving him away from WHL hasn't already been made.

ye i agree with that he was great in the world cup and hasnt been given a chance at spurs. still young and only goin to get betta.

I'd be tempted to go for Giovani dos Santos, assuming a deal moving him away from WHL hasn't already been made.

ye i agree with that he was great in the world cup and hasnt been given a chance at spurs. still young and only goin to get betta.

He's been great for Santander, they'd probably put a bid but seems their new owner is quite dodgy and still owes money to the former shareholders.

Wayne Bridge if Enrique`s Going?

30 years old and probably on ridiculous wages.

Would prefer trying for Van Aanholt.

:thup: Should go for him. Looked like a good player for the time he's been here.

Jonathan Spector is out of contract this summer and was signed by Pardew for West Ham. Plays a number of positions as well. I'm not necessarily endorsing it but I would say it's realistic.

He has had a decent season for me as I was previously under the impression he was utterly terrible.

Diego from Wolfsburg....he left in anger the other day when he wasn´t picked for wolfsburgs relegation battle.

Nah, Diego will require to be the number 1 player at the club and will require a massive fee. Great player, but we already have a number 1 in Ben Arfa.