Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

His kind of wages could change the way we think about footballing salaries forever.

I see Payet looks like he's on his way to Lille, I know a few thought he was 'realistic'

Been linked with going there for a while. Hazards replacement I assume.

what about Rafinha (RB), wants to leave genoa and seems to be heading back to the bundesliga....has a good age and used to be really good. have not seen him play for a couple of seasons tbf!

realistic?

On that subject, what happened to Genoa? I thought they got a fair old cash injection a couple of years ago and they bought a few high profile players - they don't seem to have progressed at all?

On that subject, what happened to Genoa? I thought they got a fair old cash injection a couple of years ago and they bought a few high profile players - they don't seem to have progressed at all?

yeah, they have some good players. finished 10st cant be much of a progress?

Stoke City have confirmed that former captain Abdoulaye Faye has departed following the expiration of his contract.

The 33-year-old was out of contract this summer at the Britannia Stadium after the Potters opted against offering him new terms

Anyone?

what about Rafinha (RB), wants to leave genoa and seems to be heading back to the bundesliga....has a good age and used to be really good. have not seen him play for a couple of seasons tbf!

realistic?

Was on the South American football show on the Indy saying he fancied playing in England sometime.

The thing for me with I'm always vary of 'foreigners'. It's all good signing Gervinho, Gameiro N'Zogbia and M'Bengue, don't get me wrong I'd love it, absolutely love that kind of pace and flair in a side. But I think it's also just as crucial securing Nolan and Barton. I'm not naive enough to think they can't be improved upon, and if they are first choice by May 2012, I suspect I'd feel underwhelmed. But these are two players who understand the passion of the English game, and really understand what this football club is all about. If we can secure these two and simultaneously improve the squad with flair then we have the makings of a very secure top half side who can't also challenge for Europe and a domestic trophy.

Ridiculous on FM for Schalke a couple of years back. Best full back/wing back on the game.

not only on FM....remember him being awesome at least 4 seasons ago for schalke...

Real life? Does not compute.

The thing for me with I'm always vary of 'foreigners'. It's all good signing Gervinho, Gameiro N'Zogbia and M'Bengue, don't get me wrong I'd love it, absolutely love that kind of pace and flair in a side. But I think it's also just as crucial securing Nolan and Barton. I'm not naive enough to think they can't be improved upon, and if they are first choice by May 2012, I suspect I'd feel underwhelmed. But these are two players who understand the passion of the English game, and really understand what this football club is all about. If we can secure these two and simultaneously improve the squad with flair then we have the makings of a very secure top half side who can't also challenge for Europe and a domestic trophy.

Stop being xenophobic.

What your team really needs is some more black power.

Let's have a look at the top six teams then for a clue to how "ambitious" clubs should be run.

Realistic, probably NOT...but just wanted to share my (dream) team with you.

These formations:

4-2-3-1

or

4-4-2 (diamond?)

KEEPERS:

Krul

Harper

RB:

Rafinha

Simpson

LB:

Enrique or M´bengue

Wendt (free)

CB:

Colo

Taylor

Willi

Young promising talent

DM / MC:

Tiote

F. Gago

M. Abeid

Nolan

Gosling

(Barton)

AMC:

Nolan

Ben Arfa

Diego or Chr. Eriksen

LW:

Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ferguson

MR / RW:

Barton

Gervinho

Larsson (free)

Forward / Striker:

Llorente

Bendtner

Cameiro

(Gervinho)

Maybe just 2 of them

keep either Best or Ameobi

Youngster with potential

These formations:

4-2-3-1

or

4-4-2 (diamond?)

KEEPERS:

Krul

Harper

RB:

Rafinha

Simpson

LB:

Enrique or M´bengue

Wendt (free)

CB:

Colo

Taylor

Willi

Young promising talent

DM / MC:

Tiote

F. Gago

M. Abeid

Nolan

Gosling

(Barton)

AMC:

Nolan

Ben Arfa

Diego or Chr. Eriksen

LW:

Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ferguson

MR / RW:

Barton

Gervinho

Larsson (free)

Forward / Striker:

Llorente

Bendtner

Cameiro

(Gervinho)

Maybe just 2 of them

Youngster with potential

After all that (in a thread entitled Realistic Transfer Targets), that was the bit that amused me. :lol:

realistic?

Was on the South American football show on the Indy saying he fancied playing in England sometime.

uh la la...  :frantic:

it would be absolutely AWESOME to get him!

These formations:

4-2-3-1

or

4-4-2 (diamond?)

KEEPERS:

Krul

Harper

RB:

Rafinha

Simpson

LB:

Enrique or M´bengue

Wendt (free)

CB:

Colo

Taylor

Willi

Young promising talent

DM / MC:

Tiote

F. Gago

M. Abeid

Nolan

Gosling

(Barton)

AMC:

Nolan

Ben Arfa

Diego or Chr. Eriksen

LW:

Jonas

Ben Arfa

Ferguson

MR / RW:

Barton

Gervinho

Larsson (free)

Forward / Striker:

Llorente

Bendtner

Cameiro

(Gervinho)

Maybe just 2 of them

Youngster with potential

After all that (in a thread entitled Realistic Transfer Targets), that was the bit that amused me. :lol:

Did write: realistic probably not, tbf....couldn´t find a suitable thread for this dreaming  :aww:

Getting tired of this 'Best or Ameobi' nonsense. One's young with geunine desire and talent; the other's a near 30-year-old lazy and talentless arsehole.

I keep forgetting that Best is only 24/25.