Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

A realistic transfer target...

Steve McClaren was at the training ground some months ago and Alan Pardew later confirmed they talked about transfer targets in Germany. Will we sign a player from the Bundesliga?

Ashkan Dejagah

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/gallery_images/photos/000/219/189/GYI0058977309_crop_450x500.jpg?1258905135

Born 1986, can play as a striker or as a winger on both flanks. 20 caps for Germany U21. Plays for Wolfsburg - the same club McClaren was sacked from.

Has been linked with us before.

Cool looking guy.

Some bundesliga players we really should try getting in

Arturo Vignal - great box to box mid, plays for Leverkusen

Marcel Shmelzer  - Dortumnds left back had a fantastic season

Marco Reus - great attacking winger, plays for Mönchengladbach

Papiss Demba Cisse - Freiburgs sensation this season. Great goalscoring striker

Here is a list of potential attackers that i have come up with;

Bryan Ruiz

Luuk de Jong

Marc Janko

Jermain Lens

Oila Tovonen

Pierre Michel Lasogga

Mounir El Hamdaoui

Miralem Sulejmani

Some bundesliga players we really should try getting in

Arturo Vignal - great box to box mid, plays for Leverkusen

Marcel Shmelzer  - Dortumnds left back had a fantastic season

Marco Reus - great attacking winger, plays for Mönchengladbach

Papiss Demba Cisse - Freiburgs sensation this season. Great goalscoring striker

you just hope the clubs scouting team are enquiring into these players

Guest Brazilianbob

I am not so sure we can afford to bring in any more players after Erdinc.  By my reckoning we have already spent about £22m on Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux in terms of a transfer fee for Cabaye and wages at a rough guess of £30k a week over 4 years, 3 years, and 5 years respectively.  That doesn't take into account any agents fees or signing on fees either!  If you factor in Erdinc at £6.5m transfer fee plus similar wages over 5 years which amounts to £7.8m you begin to see that we will have spent almost £37m on transfer fees and wages if we capture Erdinc on the above figures.

I am not so sure we can afford to bring in any more players after Erdinc.  By my reckoning we have already spent about £22m on Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux in terms of a transfer fee for Cabaye and wages at a rough guess of £30k a week over 4 years, 3 years, and 5 years respectively.  That doesn't take into account any agents fees or signing on fees either!  If you factor in Erdinc at £6.5m transfer fee plus similar wages over 5 years which amounts to £7.8m you begin to see that we will have spent almost £37m on transfer fees and wages if we capture Erdinc on the above figures.

You've forgot to minus wages for Campbell, Nolan and Carroll, which would be £25m over 5 years.

Guest Brazilianbob

You've forgot to minus wages for Campbell, Nolan and Carroll, which would be £25m over 5 years.

True, I overlooked that, so we should be ok to bring in another striker plus wages for 5 years at the very least.

We will sign at least one expensive player and one or two £2-5million player.

There is no way we won't get a big signing in after selling Carroll for all that money. They surely can't think we're happy.

We will sign at least one expensive player and one or two £2-5million player.

There is no way we won't get a big signing in after selling Carroll for all that money. They surely can't think we're happy.

They don't give a shit whether you are happy I'm afraid.

Guest MrSundlofer

Would like to see us go for a young, fast striker. Cédric Bakambu or Yannis Tafer would be nice.

Why would you want him?

Colocho's in-depth knowledge of French football is an underrated resource for this forum like.

I'm sure somewhere in his head there is insight deeper than "anyone we sign is terrible and anyone I think is good won't sign for us."