Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

A lot depends on who goes down, despite what folk think some of the current relegation threatened sides have good players.

I would take any of West Ham's strikers. All of them are better than anyone we currently have. West Brom have some very nice players, we should be buying if RDM cannot keep them in the league. We have some nice players as well, so the other clubs should prepare for our relegation as well.

A lot depends on who goes down, despite what folk think some of the current relegation threatened sides have good players.

I would take any of West Ham's strikers. All of them are better than anyone we currently have. West Brom have some very nice players, we should be buying if RDM cannot keep them in the league. We have some nice players as well, so the other clubs should prepare for our relegation as well.

You'd actively want us to spend money on Carlton Cole and Benni McCarthy?

I would take Carlton Cole right here and right now.He's a competent Premiership striker. I had no idea that McCarthy was still at West Ham. I would have thought he'd be retired or at a club like Mamelodi Sundowns by this point. He must enjoy the wage packet. Admittedly, I mainly just want us to sign Nsofor and Osaze. Little interest in the others. :lol:

Chelsea getting rid of Drogba, Bosingwa, Mikel, Malouda and Zhirkov this summer (if you believe The Sun).

Wouldn't mind Bosingwa here.

Why would you believe the Sun? :lol: Boss Winger is out of contract, so he is definitely gone, but the other four have no reason to leave as Chelsea is short of numbers. Getting rid of them would require finding sellers and spending large money on replacements.

Some people do, not me. But its a good idea to go for Bosingwa, although he'd have to take a big drop in wages.

Ricky van Wolfswinkel for £10 million.  Stephen Ireland made permanent for £4 million.  Then Sylvain Marveuax and maybe another out of contract.

That is the best case scenario this summer.

Ricky van Wolfswinkel for £10 million.  Stephen Ireland made permanent for £4 million.  Then Sylvain Marveuax and maybe another out of contract.

That is the best case scenario this summer.

Let's see how Ireland does first, we may not want him.

Traore

Hulk

Marveaux

Cover for Tiote

Centre Half for Campbell

Left Back cover

Would be what i'd want to see from the money from Carroll.

Hulk and Traore would be awesome - fearsome as hell. We would need one more not as good striker however, to be a 3rd choice with Shola as 4th. I think Lovenkrands and Best will go. Ranger on loan to a Championship promotion challenger.

I would want one £15m plus striker, one £6-10m one and another around 2-3m, with potential/contract issues... (Wonder how much that young prolific Tranmere striker would cost - Jennings I think?)

And PLEASE can the left back issue be sorted once and for all?

Not too fussed if Campbell stays one more season or if he goes - as I think Kadar can step up personally. Campbell is still good for leadership / experience and would like to see  him coach at the club. Watching ESPN classic - Eng vs Arg 1998 at the mo - he was a monster CB in his hey day, one of Englands best.

Lets finally get rid of Smith, Xisco. Forster as backup to Harper next season, playing in the cups.

Andre Ayew/Barnetta for right wing too would also be good.

Fair point - perhaps appease him with the promise of him taking over Harpers no.1 spot the season after...

Think next season should be Harper's last as no.1 - (he may not even finish it) he'll be 37-38, creaking!

I like Krul, especially think he's an amazingly gifted shot stopper but Forster seems to have more presence. Its a really tough decision to be fair - but Forster now has more 'big game' experience - give Krul that next season at Celtic / similar big team - and then decide end of next season.

Really no need for the likes of Westwood et al - we are already blessed in that department - let's spend money wisely for once!

Anyone who thinks we're spending £15m on one player is crazy. Forgetting the size of the fee, players who command that kind of transfer fee are typically seeking wages we won't even consider.

To be honest I think we will be surprised. They cannot afford NOT to sanction a spending spree of sorts - particularly as we now have a desperate need for a striker or two. I can see one huge signing this summer - I may be naive in thinking this perhaps - but just have a sneaky feeling!

Just hope Pardew spends it right!