Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

The next couple of strikers we buy really need to be good, not just potentially or sometimes good. We already have average to poor ones who can maybe get 6 or 7 goals each.

Which is why I'm surprised at the Conor Wickham suggestions. I'm a really big fan of his but he is NOT what we need at the moment.

Sorry to be a twat, I just think Camerom Jerome is one of the worst players ever to forge a career in the Premier League.

I don't know who we'd sign , but the case is that 90% of players based away from the British Isles would see NUFC as a good career move. Attracting foreign players is not that difficult.

Christ it's dreadful seeing those names as speculation but I can't help but feel like it's inevitable.

I'm sure I'm in the majority that I'd much rather us take a punt on a foreigner for a fraction of the price than go for, pretty much any, current EPL striker from the teams around us.

Has it not been made clear that we are going to spend within our means?  Wise way to run a football club imo.  If we cannot match the top 4 for financial clout, so be it.

If we run our club properly, then we have a chance because the likes of chelsea and city will not be able to spend the way they currently do when the new financial rules come in. Infact i realy cant see how they are going to be able to pay their wage bill.

Honestly, we should look to sign Brazilian or Argentinian talents playing for u-20 or u-21 and so forth so we have a chance of them getting a work permit.

through the "outstanding young talent" rule I presume (like Man Yoo did with Anderson).

Any players you could have him mind?

Dentinho? Looks a great player but not sure how realistic it is.

From Argentina, Rogelio Funes Mori is a very promising striker and speaks English (having grew up in the states). Btw, Blackburn got a bargain in Mauro Formica. Whether it`s a gamble or not, 3m is peanuts....certainly some potential bargains in S.America if we have scouts there.

We need Mirandinha, Solano, Acuna on the case!

Dentinho is a good player, but very injury prone and very how'd you say, he loves himself a bit too much.

But players who might be to big for us now after all their hype are

Lucas from Sao Paulo

Ganso

Neymar

But i'd look to sign a player like Jucilei who is very technically gifted and can play everywhere across the midfield. He also got his first call up to the national team and is a calm player and also very strongly built. I think he would do very well in the Premiership. However, Juventus and Paris SG are teams looking at him. But playing him in the midfield with Tiote would be immense, bar the language barrier.

The guy Jonas Goncalves from Gremio cost Valencia only £1m also.....not seen him play before but 21 goals in 33 games and top scorer in the Brasileiro is not too shabby too.

Guest bmoregeordie

Those of you trying to find 35M worth of targets can stop.

Not only because, as has been said many times in this forum, Ashley won't reinvest the full amount in players, but also because he has already bought one player: Ben Arfa. Undisclosed fee as of now.

Those of you trying to find 35M worth of targets can stop.

Not only because, as has been said many times in this forum, Ashley won't reinvest the full amount in players, but also because he has already bought one player: Ben Arfa. Undisclosed fee as of now.

Which he bought for 5.5m if I remember correctly, not "undisclosed"

Dont think Mallorca would be too keen on doing business with us after the Guitierrez saga

New owners, they might not care. Chori Castro is a productive winger and he's assumed that will leave at the end of the season, De Guzmán is having a great season (amazing pickup on a free).

Espanyol are also skint, and I'd invite you to nick their best players. Osvaldo is their most productive striker since the good Tamudo years and has a great drive, Luís García is also having a very good season but you seem covered on that department (off the striker).

Dont think Mallorca would be too keen on doing business with us after the Guitierrez saga

New owners, they might not care. Chori Castro is a productive winger and he's assumed that will leave at the end of the season, De Guzmán is having a great season (amazing pickup on a free).

Espanyol are also skint, and I'd invite you to nick their best players.

I mentioned him over and over again on here over the summer, saying he'd be great signing on a free.