Fulham 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/02/11 - post match reaction from page 34

Dave

First time this season when the players were asked to go out, forget everything and give a performance. Any they couldn't.

I'm not angry. Just really disappointed. Utterly toothless performance.

Wrong, unfortunately... Seems like this has affected them more than Chris' sacking however..

Guest toonlass

We have no strikers of premiership quality. Lovenkrands is finished. Leon Best never started and Nile Ranger can't score. With Shola, who is hardly a goal machine himself out for anything up to and over 6 weeks I'm just not sure where our next win will come from. Awful tonight. Midfield was awful. Williamson looked panicked at times, the other defenders looked like they had played 3 games in a week. God, I feel fucking depressed at the thought of the games we have coming up.

Our striking options now are horrible.

Ranger- Not good enough to start games. Couldn't hold up the play today at all

Lovenkrands- Ineffective

Best- Grafts but is pretty s***

????

You forgot to mention that the midfield was so shit that we didn't have a single forward with a decent chance on goal.  Carroll playing tonight wouldn't have made the slightest difference with that lack of service.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Fulham played our forwards exactly as they should have.  They were all over Best and Ranger because they aren't strong or clever enough to get around defenders.  Other teams will do this to them.  Pardew will need to have them move to the outside and have the runs com from midfield in order to generate chances when we are possessing the ball.

Unfortunately, from what I've seen so far (namely how he helped give away the points to mackems and spurs), i'm not sure Pardew has the tactical acumen to get this into our gameplan.

Our striking options now are horrible.

Ranger- Not good enough to start games. Couldn't hold up the play today at all

Lovenkrands- Ineffective

Best- Grafts but is pretty s***

????

You forgot to mention that the midfield was so shit that we didn't have a single forward with a decent chance on goal.  Carroll playing tonight wouldn't have made the slightest difference with that lack of service.

I disagree. The midfield played with a lack of confidence that was caused by the lack of decent movement up front. If they had the confidence they'd be taking more chances and see them being paid off.

I think what will save us this season from getting relegated will be the 4-5-1 tactic. Mind we are shit with it, but at least we scrape the odd points and score the odd goals from set pieces and so forth. Nolan will be vital as he will have to play a more advanced role and Guthrie-Tiote behind him.

I think that Ranger will only get better while Best has proved once again he's awful and Lovenkrands will only decline from here on.

If I was in charge I'd play

Barton - Guthrie - Tiote - Jonas

Nolan

Ranger

Until we get Ireland, Gosling and BARFA back.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ranger should have been holding the ball up and bringing others into play, he didn't. He huffed and puffed about the pitch, both of our strikers did nothing to get involved or get others involved

We still won't get relegated. Teams like West Brom, West Ham, Blackpool, Wolverhampton are way worse.

I predict us to finish around 42 points and at around 13th or 14th. Good enough for me, keep the hope guys only stupid to stop believing ;)

I disagree. The midfield played with a lack of confidence that was caused by the lack of decent movement up front. If they had the confidence they'd be taking more chances and see them being paid off.

You can disagree all you want, the midfield were shit, stop looking for others to blame. 

Thought there was at least some effort from the lads tonight. The unfortunate thing with gamblers like Ashley is that they nearly always lose and fuck up the lives of everyone connected to them. The impact of losing Ameobi is not bad luck in my opinion, it's crap planning.

You can disagree all you want, the midfield were s***, stop looking for others to blame. 

Not sure how you measure the confidence levels that seem to get mentioned. Lack of legs to me

Guest jeffers09

Struggled to watch that awful performance reminded me of stevange fulham were also dire even a half decent performance would have won the game there tiote cant get back quick enuff.

Not sure how you measure the confidence levels that seem to get mentioned. Lack of legs to me

I didn't measure the confidence levels and I haven't mentioned it as it's just an excuse for a midfield who provded nothing for 90 minutes for whatever reason.