Llambias gets off lightly

James

49 seconds - 59 seconds is a point that many seem incapable of grasping.

I'd agree if it wasn't for Pardew waiting in the wings for Hughton to get sacked.

Edit,

Something which Keegan will not have known about.

I introduced myself to him in the Directors Lounge tonight after the game. He was polite and affable and offered the opinion that we "will be ok this season"..... I also hovered beside MA as much as I could and he was affable as well with everyone he spoke to. The only nugget I got was that we have received "most" of the Carroll fee in one lump sum, which is unusual.

I introduced myself to him in the Directors Lounge tonight after the game. He was polite and affable and offered the opinion that we "will be ok this season"..... I also hovered beside MA as much as I could and he was affable as well with everyone he spoke to. The only nugget I got was that we have received "most" of the Carroll fee in one lump sum, which is unusual.

You were that close and you didn't glass them?

Cant imagine what I would have done to Jabba if I was so close to him

You're speaking a lot of sense James, and I could talk about ways and times to start pursuing this, but my overall feeling is that the opportunity for focusing on him has passed.

Long story short, I can't see a protest against Llambias not quickly getting dragged onto Ashley, or being seen by Ashley as attacking him also. And I can't see judicious business criticisms being made that will move Ashley and turn him against Llambias because most people doing the criticising still aren't able to understand the business model Ashley and Llambias are working with - the speculate to accumulate message a lot of people would like to promote means next to nothing to Ashley, he's got a different agenda.

Furthermore, I think Llambias will make it his business to say or agree with whatever he thinks Ashley thinks on any issue that could affect his future, so criticisms of him will still be criticisms of Ashley... though I give you that Ashley might be good at forgetting he also thought something stupid was a good idea at the time and blaming someone else...

Of course Llambias will put the Ashley case, what else could he do? Llambias is an absolute c*nt and everyone knows what Ashley is about and how he operates, we've seen what's happened here and we can all read how he operates with Sports Direct. But this whole " different agenda" stuff that you refer to - it involves completely f*cking and  drastically reducing the value of a business he's stuffed hundreds of millions into does it? It involves playing yo-yo with the leagues and surrendering tens of millions in revenue? We lost to Fulham and may well lose to Arsenal, dark forces are at work...

No idea where the blame lies, be it Ashley, Pardew, the scouting network or Llambias, but to let 3 players leave and only one injured one to arrive when we've already got such a threadbare squad is tantamount to gross misconduct.

Sure, it's impossible to fully foresee the Carroll situation exactly as it unfolded. But they must have realised a bid was possible, if not probable, and should have had a plan B for if that was the case and the bid was either too much or the player wanted out. Let's face it, that's exactly what Liverpool did when Chelsea came in for Torres. Why couldn't we? I doubt Liverpool foresaw their prize asset leaving any more than we did but somehow they managed to sign TWO good replacements.

It's called planning for every eventuality, and we didn't f***ing do it. I realise you pay a premium near deadline day, but let's just hope we don't pay a bigger price at the end of the season if we keep turning in insipid displays like today.

3-wood to the head would have been sufficient.

Never seen that Keegan thing before.

I'd agree if it wasn't for Pardew waiting in the wings for Hughton to get sacked.

Edit,

Something which Keegan will not have known about.

indeed.

Cant imagine what I would have done to Jabba if I was so close to him

I would have strangled him with Pardew's chains.

https://picasaweb.google.com/matthewdmillan/UntitledAlbum#5548458339202168370

It's quite bizarre how affable they are, given what we know. Sorry, but it's the only word I can think of to describe them.

You do know that footage is from when Pards took over? As I think after the 1st game where people were a bit wary most got behind Pardew but the way he has been spinning this week that is gone now.

My beef is with Llambias and Ashley.

They sacked Hughton, they dealt with Pardew before Hughton left, they didn't release funds to strengthen the squad in January.

As far as I'm concerned, Pardew is just a puppet who is a bit of c***, but he's being strung along like the rest of us.

My beef is with Llambias and Ashley.

They sacked Hughton, they dealt with Pardew before Hughton left, they didn't release funds to strengthen the squad in January.

As far as I'm concerned, Pardew is just a puppet who is a bit of c***, but he's being strung along like the rest of us.

Pardew knew what his role was going to be though, and it says quite a bit about his ambition.

We won't get a proper manager until Ashley sells the club and by the look of things that won't happen until 2016. Happy days.

Golfmag, I find it remarkable that you were composed enough to not twat the bastards. I'm a calm, polite man but I think I'd lose it in the vicinity of those imbeciles.

One day - somehow - Ashley will leave. And so will Llambias. It seems like forever away but one day it will happen.

You're speaking a lot of sense James, and I could talk about ways and times to start pursuing this, but my overall feeling is that the opportunity for focusing on him has passed.

Long story short, I can't see a protest against Llambias not quickly getting dragged onto Ashley, or being seen by Ashley as attacking him also. And I can't see judicious business criticisms being made that will move Ashley and turn him against Llambias because most people doing the criticising still aren't able to understand the business model Ashley and Llambias are working with - the speculate to accumulate message a lot of people would like to promote means next to nothing to Ashley, he's got a different agenda.

Furthermore, I think Llambias will make it his business to say or agree with whatever he thinks Ashley thinks on any issue that could affect his future, so criticisms of him will still be criticisms of Ashley... though I give you that Ashley might be good at forgetting he also thought something stupid was a good idea at the time and blaming someone else...

Of course Llambias will put the Ashley case, what else could he do? Llambias is an absolute c*nt and everyone knows what Ashley is about and how he operates, we've seen what's happened here and we can all read how he operates with Sports Direct. But this whole " different agenda" stuff that you refer to - it involves completely f*cking and  drastically reducing the value of a business he's stuffed hundreds of millions into does it? It involves playing yo-yo with the leagues and surrendering tens of millions in revenue? We lost to Fulham and may well lose to Arsenal, dark forces are at work...

A good employee would give his boss his best, most honest opinion, so he could do that - I'm just pointing out that there will be less to divide him and Ashley on than James would like because Llambias will make sure there is.

Ashley (and Llambias?) will solemnly believe we won't go down this season, so they've taken no real risks as far as they're concerned. Most supporters' agendas involve us trying to retain our best players and going up the league, eventually into Europe etc. - and therefore their financial advice will be geared to it. Yes, I don't think this is a high priority for Ashley. They're more interested in not going down with a team not financially designed to go down, which means certain investments 'football people' think are sensible aren't good ideas.

Golfmag, I find it remarkable that you were composed enough to not t*** the bastards. I'm a calm, polite man but I think I'd lose it in the vicinity of those imbeciles.

One day - somehow - Ashley will leave. And so will Llambias. It seems like forever away but one day it will happen.

:sadnod:

And it will be the greatest day ever. fuck me, it'll feel like winning the league.

• 3 months later...

A further sign of Llambias' incompetency with the Joey Barton talks.

I have no reason to believe that Ashley wouldn't sanction it.

What we have is a man who is so far up his own arse he can't see what the manager is saying, what the fans are all saying, in that Barton is an integral part of the team and currently maintains a unique position in that he is one of the people behind the drive and determination the team has shown.

Even a better player would not be able to replicate that, but Llambias is being too stubborn on things which he doesn't have a clue.

What is also clear is that he is someone who is clearly unable to communicate with players, managers, agents, and fans and for that reason alone is completely useless.

A further sign of Llambias' incompetency with the Joey Barton talks.

I have no reason to believe that Ashley wouldn't sanction it.

What we have is a man who is so far up his own arse he can't see what the manager is saying, what the fans are all saying, in that Barton is an integral part of the team and currently maintains a unique position in that he is one of the people behind the drive and determination the team has shown.

Even a better player would not be able to replicate that, but Llambias is being too stubborn on things which he doesn't have a clue.

What is also clear is that he is someone who is clearly unable to communicate with players, managers, agents, and fans and for that reason alone is completely useless.

I might agree if it wasn't Willie McKay. From seeing all the quotes it appears Barton wants 4 year contract, isn't getting what he wants so McKay has come out in the press to push it through by getting the press and fans on Llambias and Ashleys back. That's worked so well in the past though hasn't it.................

I don't think Llambias is that powerful a figure. Ashley sets out the strategy, all the major decisions are run past him, and Llambias carries them out.

There's a danger of looking for complicated explanations when a simple one will do. The owner has made it publicly clear that he wants the club to be breaking even financially by a certain time, and that the wage bill needs to come down. That was always going to be a problem for players like Barton who were on larger salaries than the new regime feels can be sustained. Getting anyone in any walk of life to take a pay cut is not a simple matter.

I'm not convinced that the offer is ridiculously low because we've seen other players of similar stature this season - Ben Arfa, Carroll, Tiote - sign up.

So the question is - do you start to deviate from your strategy because it's Joey Barton? I don't think so.