Newcastle United 4 - 4 Arsenal - 05/02/11 - post match reaction from page 32

Nate

Bartons tackle wasnt a foul but definately ended up a dangerous tackle. Not intentional though, just the way both players ended up entering the challenge. Barton comes through it with momentum & diaby doesnt read the pass so is off balance & comes at it from the side. Barton did nowt wrong.

Dejong scissors Ben Arfas leg. Trapping it with one & coming around the side with another. No comparison.

Guest bmoregeordie

finally collected my thoughts:

maybe the happiest i've ever been as a newcastle fan.

after losing to single-a stevenage, after two tragic draws where four precious points were given away after the 90' mark, after selling local hero and #9 andy carroll, after ashley/pardew not having anyone else lined up to fill his role, as the speculation begins about the carroll fee going to the owner's gambling habits, as all the pundits start lining up to talk about the drop back down to the championship, after a loss to team below them in the standings, after losing the only striker with any premier league credibility (and it's effing shola ameobi for chrissakes!) left on the side to injury, after going down 4-0 to a team in the hunt for the premiership championship ... at that point i started to feel nauseous, to feel hopeless, to hang my head. but i kept watching.

the heart of the men on the pitch yesterday can not be questioned. i've had a lot of bad things to say about joey barton's character over the years. but since he has gotten settled at newcastle, you cannot question his dedication on the field. he was a true captain yesterday, rallying the troops. kevin nolan, jonas, tiote, best, to a man that side did not give up. they ran and they ran and they ran. they played with an urgency. they never lost faith. even mike williamson - whose name i took in vain time and time again - didn't hang his head.

i know the premier league isn't 100 years old, but no team has ever come back to equalize when down by four goals. and to come back from four down given all that has transpired, all the while the lads are singing their hearts out ... just ... wow, that was one of those times that remind you why you follow sports.

Guest The_Scoreboard

Still cant believe Nolan got away with headlocking their keeper :iamatwat:

Missed MOTD last night and isn't available on Iplayer, believe it was on there this morning, is that it? have I lost the chance to view it??

Missed MOTD last night and isn't available on Iplayer, believe it was on there this morning, is that it? have I lost the chance to view it??

I think it appears on iPlayer on Tuesday.

MOTD2 that is. The BBC's shit and doesn't put Saturday's MOTD on for some reason.

I think it appears on iPlayer on Tuesday.

MOTD2 that is. The BBC's s*** and doesn't put Saturday's MOTD on for some reason.

That reason would be because they don't have the rights to do so.

Time for a chuckle, to the Arsenal forum I go..

be warned, you go in looking for a chuckle and leave with a slightly tarnished view on the human race.

Some people with well balanced views on Arsenal Mania, only to be brought down by the whinging Wenger wankers.

Newcastle 4 Arsenal 4

Get your high resies!

Can't seem to download them? Do I need to register an account first? :dontknow:

Click on a photo, click on actions, then click "view all sizes". Just right click and save then.

Cheers, thanks mate