Leon Best

Godot

His lack of pace and technical skills disqualifies him from the Premiership. I would say 10-15 goals in Championship if he is not injured. We must surely find better backup players.

He's not too bad technically and he's quick enough, imo. It's his off the ball work that's pretty bad and what's setting him back.

Will be interesting how he does when looked upon as the main striker (assuming). I think he can get in double digits quite easily in the Championship, his general play has improved quite a lot since we were down there.

IMO, he definitely thrives on being the main man so can certainly see him getting the goals Blackburn needs to get them back up to the PL.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-to-sign-newcastles-leon-1071686

Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean is set to sign Leon Best from Newcastle United in a £2.25 million deal on Monday - to fill Yakubu’s scoring boots.

Best was finalising personal terms last night after mulling over the move following a meeting with Kean as revealed by Football Spy a fortnight ago.

Good luck! Think he could have picked a better club but maybe other clubs don;t rate him. Did a good job first half of season, and do think we definately need a new striker (even if not necessarily a £10m one) now he's gone.

They get Best, we get Hoilett and end up making money!*

* Depending on compensation costs.

Could actually be an arrangement, like an out of court settlement on Hoilett, as part of the deal. Maybe why they got him for probably £1 Million less than what he's worth.

Apparently he's gonna be on around 35k a week for them...

:idiot2:

Just from twitter mind so don't take it as gospel.

the thing is I could believe it, Danny Murphys hardly gone there for the joy of working with Steve Kean