Leon Best

Godot

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Feel for Best here. Just starting to get into his stride, growing in confidence every game, and now he's going to miss the rest of the season and have a hard pre-season to get back into shape and sharpness.

I don't think Pardew will look to sell him. I doubt we'd be able to get more than a few million for him and I don't think we'd really benefit from that money enough to justify getting rid. I'm rather optimistically hoping that Lovenkrands and Kuqi will leave in the summer and we get two replacements in, leaving us with Best, Shola, Ben Arfa +2 and then obviously Airey etc.

Unfortunate for the guy, but he'll have a part to play next season. Thanks for filling the void left by Carroll to the best of your ability, Leon. Unless, by some great misfortune, he's a key player in seasons to come - that purple patch at the turn of the year will probably be enough to have him remembered fondly.

Shola, Ranger, Loven and Nolan are our options then.. We'll be fine, we just need one more win or a couple of draws.

As skirge said, we may be able to stick a young'un in too. As long as safety is assured, I don't care.

Shola, Ranger, Loven and Nolan are our options then.. We'll be fine, we just need one more win or a couple of draws.

As skirge said, we may be able to stick a young'un in too. As long as safety is assured, I don't care.

Kuqi.

Kuqi.

fkm hell forgot about the Kuqi monster

Best is a key player for us, its not good news to lose him as you can bet Shola will miss more games from now until the end of the season.

This is the main problem. I don't rate Best that highly, but if Shola gets injured we're left with Ranger and Kuqi as options. Hopefully we'll be safe before that happens.

The lad's emerged as a very competent PL striker. He defends from the front, has a good range of finishing abilities, tries hard, has good positioning, and is physcially far better than any of the other forwards. He'll be a miss.

Let's hope he has another good pre-season. There's no reason he can't get better and better.

Best is a key player for us, its not good news to lose him as you can bet Shola will miss more games from now until the end of the season.

This is the main problem. I don't rate Best that highly, but if Shola gets injured we're left with Ranger and Kuqi as options. Hopefully we'll be safe before that happens.

We are pretty much safe now, in which case I would look forward to seeing Ranger getting a start, I think he would do well.

Except Ranger's effort, I'm not that impressed. Right now he's all about physical presence. But his finishing skills are weak. And he's not a good friend with the ball either. But on the other hand, he's more developed than what Carroll was at the same age. I think he should start in a lower division, where he could build his confidence and where the tempo is not that high. Maybe a goal will take some pressure off, hard to say..

Kuqi.

oh aye, he may as well be invisible right now. He's only made a couple of sub apps right? totaling about 2 mins?

I'd play ranger for 90mins every game till the end of the season. Hopefully well know then if he can get goals at this level for next season or not, if not he's got to go out on loan, which really should have been done this season.

No point in starting with lovenkrands it will get us nowhere, ameobi fair enough.

But Shola and Loven complement each other. The former is a holding attacker while Loven likes to run in space.  Ranger doesn't have the experience, and his finishing skills are much worse than Lovens..

Kuqi.

oh aye, he may as well be invisible right now. He's only made a couple of sub apps right? totaling about 2 mins?

Your avatar. :lol:

But Shola and Loven complement each other. The former is a holding attacker while Loven likes to run in space.  Ranger doesn't have the experience, and his finishing skills are much worse than Lovens..

His finishing skills might be weak, or he might just need a run of games rather than 15 min spells as a sub to show what he can do. Either way, if we give him a run we'll have our answer one way or the other.

But Shola and Loven complement each other. The former is a holding attacker while Loven likes to run in space.  Ranger doesn't have the experience, and his finishing skills are much worse than Lovens..

This is based on one game, btw. :lol:

Play an emerging, talented and in need of experience youngster like Ranger, or a pretty talentless has-been like Lovenkrands. Tough choice.

But Shola and Loven complement each other. The former is a holding attacker while Loven likes to run in space.  Ranger doesn't have the experience, and his finishing skills are much worse than Lovens..

His finishing skills might be weak, or he might just need a run of games rather than 15 min spells as a sub to show what he can do. Either way, if we give him a run we'll have our answer one way or the other.

I've no problems with letting him start sometimes , but not until we're 100 % safe from relegation.

Shame for Best, things were just going well for him.

Only saving grace is that Shola, Loven and Ranger should be extra motivated to impress in the remaining games. They must all, in their different ways, be feeling they are playing for their futures right now.