Leon Best

Godot

Guest Stephen927

No one knows the circumstances of it. For all we know he could have been pulled cos he was speeding to the hospital or some shit.

No one knows the circumstances of it. For all we know he could have been pulled cos he was speeding to the hospital or some s***.

or hedgehog rescue, loads of them out ealrly mornings this time of year.

Police probably saw some black men in a mint car at 6am and thought it was being nicked.  :lol:

You mean he needlessly spent a lot of money on a flash car?  Is there no end to this mans defiance..

Also a petrol guzzler, the guy just doesn't care about the planet.  :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/08/return-of-leon-best-is-good-news-for-newcastle-united-79310-28652324/

Return of Leon Best is good news for Newcastle United

May 8 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

LEON BEST is in line for a shock comeback before the end of the season.

Newcastle United have been beset by injuries over the last month and lost both James Perch and Mike Williamson this week to leave the Toon squad looking frighteningly threadbare.

However, among the injury gloom there is fresh hope for striker Best, who had an operation on an ankle injury in April.

He has a shot at playing against West Brom on the final day of the season – with Pardew eager for him to have some sort of action before the summer break.

The manager said: “Leon Best has a chance for West Brom, we think.

“We need injured players to come back if possible.

“You do not want them to go through the summer injured.”

United could field virtually a full XI from players who have had time out recently.

Right from Steve Harper through to Hatem Ben Arfa there have been injuries, and three first-team prospects have hardly kicked a ball under Pardew.

He hopes Ben Arfa, Haris Vuckic and Dan Gosling will form a big part of his re-modelled squad next season.

Pardew added: “The squad is a good one when everyone is fit.

“We have had a few go down now – we have lost James Perch and Mike Williamson – and it is not ideal.

“I do not like going into the summer with people who are injured – players like Haris and Alan Smith – but it is important we do not forget them.

“In Dan Gosling, Haris, and Hatem Ben Arfa there are three key players – four if you count Fraser Forster who is out at Celtic – to come back into the squad.”

Has Vuckic really moved forward enough other the past two years to be considered for a first team role, seems like he has been treading water.

As for bringing back Best into the team for one game, is there much point?

Has Vuckic really moved forward enough other the past two years to be considered for a first team role, seems like he has been treading water.

From what i saw from Vuckic he seems ready, the more games he gets the better he'll become but he's got the basics down.

His injuries have certainly hindered his development.  As for Best, Pards seems to like getting players back before the summer.  Presumably to give them a psychological lift.

“In Dan Gosling, Haris, and Hatem Ben Arfa there are three key players – four if you count Fraser Forster who is out at Celtic – to come back into the squad.”

They'll be like four new signings. :bluestar:

Good news but don't see the point in risking him when there's nothing to play for. More important that players stay fit and are ready to hit pre-season hard.

Guest sicko2ndbest

They'll be like four new signings. :bluestar:

It could have been worse. He could have included Smith

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Loven11

Newcastle striker Leon Best believes he has proved his ability at Premier League level and has vowed to come back stronger next season.

Best has struggled with an ankle injury this term, but the January 2010 signing from Coventry has nonetheless enjoyed an impressive goals return.

With six goals in nine league starts, Best claims he has proved the doubters wrong and, more importantly, convinced himself of his ability.

"I didn't play a lot of games this season but my goals-to-game ratio is very good," he told the Evening Chronicle. "I can look back at that any time I'm in doubt in the future.

"Being injured came at a bad time for me. I know I was in form and playing well. I was scoring too.

"Now I just want to get myself as fit as I can and as sharp as I can because I know I can do it."

Magpies boss Alan Pardew is expected to use some of the £35million received for the sale of striker Andy Carroll to replace the England international this summer.

Best realises he faces a big task in forcing his way into the starting line-up next season, but is already focused on getting fit over the summer.

He added: "The main thing is I have proved to myself that I can score in the Premier League and I just need to get myself fit and continue it."

Best is quite the confident player, even some of the stuff he attempts on the pitch shows he isn't afraid or overwhelmed by this league, he's just a fairly average player.

Can't argue with his return this season though, he's kept us ticking on nicely