Leon Best

Godot

I'll just go out and say that I am actually convinced that Best is turning out to be a great buy considering the sum we payed and what he has done in the PL. I did not think he would be able to even be near the goalrate from start that he has right now, specially not after seeing him with us in the wankership. Glad I did not bet with any drinking of piss or such, I would clearly have lost it by now.

most underated player in the squad.

Besty reminds me of fat viduka.  the decent leeds united version of viduka b4 he joined us and turned into a huge turd.

infact.  besty is like the none lazy less skillful version of berbatov.

cumbersome player. but deceptively quick n nimble with nice technical skills.

yeh ok im drunk ,  fuck off!

most underated player in the squad.

Besty reminds me of fat viduka.  the decent leeds united version of viduka b4 he joined us and turned into a huge turd.

infact.  besty is like the none lazy less skillful version of berbatov.

cumbersome player. but deceptively quick n nimble with nice technical skills.

yeh ok im drunk ,  fuck off!

:lol: :lol:

Even when he was "the worst player to ever play for Newcastle" he was still getting into fantastic positions, just poor judgement and bad luck stopped him scoring. He isnt perfect but his luck/judgement has improved and he is getting a lot of goals because of it. He isn't fantastic technically so will go through poor spells but we just need to stick by him and not automatically assume it was a purple patch and he was shit all along.

As much as I heart Ba forever idst and their careers suggest Ba is the better striker I would drop Ba before Best.

I think Ba will offer more and will compliment a midfield of Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye and Marveaux with Ben Arfa given a free role between midfield and BA.

Stop trying to test me Mick! :lol:

No, as Disco said, the man in form keeps the shirt and as I think Best looks very much a confidence player I don't like the idea of dropping the lad when he really doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Really is a nice debate to have though.

Stop trying to test me Mick! :lol:

No, as Disco said, the man in form keeps the shirt and as I think Best looks very much a confidence player I don't like the idea of dropping the lad when he really doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Really is a nice debate to have though.

Ba will score goals, I'd rather play the best players in each position and I think Ba is the better of the two.  I think Ba will score against Blackburn if he plays and then we'll see a more relaxed player as the pressure will be off him.

He wasn't particularly good today but he scored yet again. Bit like Nolan really.

On today's showing I think Ba has a lot more to offer than Best in terms of movement out wide, dropping deep, creating out of nothing, flick-ons, link up etc. He's a bit more of a Bellamy type, whereas Best very much likes of stay central and play on the shoulder and get in the box. Yet with a lack of goals in our line-up you can't drop Best ATM. Ben Arfa might have to play out wide in a 4-4-2 before getting the coveted number 10 trequartista role.

Can't disagree tbh, apart from reiterating the player in form point.

I don't mind anyone giving Ba time, just think if we are going one up front then It's dangerous to drop a forward in such rich form. Wasn't long ago I was defending Best in the same fashion actually :lol: It's definitely a nice argument to have.

Should be one of the first names on the teamsheet. Will score a lot of goals this season with the right service.

:nods:

Our best striker atm, no doubt about that.

In all seriousness, 5 games in and he has 100% of our goals in the PL from open play. Hes got to start the next few games.

As much as I heart Ba forever idst and their careers suggest Ba is the better striker I would drop Ba before Best.

I think Ba will offer more and will compliment a midfield of Jonas, Tiote, Cabaye and Marveaux with Ben Arfa given a free role between midfield and BA.

Good shout. That's no disrespect to Best either, he was written off far too early when we signed him. Same as Ba has been after a couple of poor early performances.