Leon Best

Godot

From Best's point of view it might mean slightly more football in the short term, but the end of his top flight career in the long term. At least with us Ba and Cisse will miss a few games each and he will step into a decent team in a good league. And Newcastle is better than Glasgow.

Guest johnson293

So let me get this right, Best could have accepted to join Celtic on Loan tonight, and tomorrow we'd have been going to Blackburn with Just Shola up front??

:kasper:

So let me get this right, Best could have accepted to join Celtic on Loan tonight, and tomorrow we'd have been going to Blackburn with Just Shola up front??

Sounds a bit strange that.

Wonder who really pulled the plug here. The club, Pardew, Best himself? Seems a strange situation...

Sounds a bit strange that.

Wonder who really pulled the plug here. The club, Pardew, Best himself? Seems a strange situation...

Not the club, otherwise there would have been nothing to turn down. He's got 18 months on his contract so will be on the list to move towards the exit door.