Blackburn 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/02/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

Jonas 6 :lol:

Pathetic.

He has a good game today.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

That's a pisstake if you are being serious Towelie.

Did he set up a single chance today? If he did, I can't remember it. His two shots were both pathetic.

He was average and carried by Enrique, who had a f***ing subliminal game.

and yet Barton hit the first man with his corner 4 or 5 times which is far worse IMO.

Fair enough, I thought Barton had a poor game by his standards this season. He still managed to set up Best, where he really should have done better, and the Colo corner was terrific as well.

Pathetic.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

Did he set up a single chance today? If he did, I can't remember it. His two shots were both pathetic.

f*** off.

Nice one. :thup:

There is no point reasoning with such drivel.

What is drivel? Where was the end product today? I can very easily have forgotten it, but I can't remember a single good cross or pass.

Then I suggest you may need to see an optician.

Developing an understanding of the game might help as well.

Point me to it then instead of just throwing out insults.

He ran Salgado ragged man and put in a number of good balls into the box. He also held the ball well and worked well with Enrique to create space for himself and Jose to utilise.

He also fluffed a shot and one or two crosses but that doesn't mean he had a poor game and had no end product, most players that play on the wing have low end product, that is the nature of crossing balls into the box.

Some of his link-up play with Enrique to create space was delightful.

I'm not the only one saying he had a decent game today.

The lack of signing a striker in January (in anycase of Carroll leaving) is costing us dearly.

Not really. We've scored plenty without Carroll. The lack of any foresight to sign a striker in the summer, is costing us.

Only sporadic though, we've only scored more than once twice without him in 7 games.

Fair enough, still everyone except those in charge could see that we needed another striker in the summer, and we've dropped points because of their idiocy. Hopefully Ireland and Ben Arfa will provide more goals from midfield when they return.

True, it's just frustrating as a good finisher we would be well up the upper half of the table.  As only against Fulham we've played badly in the league this year.

Aye. All ifs and buts though, a bit more composure against the Mackems and Spurs and we'd be on 36 points and pretty much safe imo. Still in the grand scheme of things and given events off the pitch we've done very well.

Pathetic.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

and yet Barton hit the first man with his corner 4 or 5 times which is far worse IMO.

Fair enough, I thought Barton had a poor game by his standards this season. He still managed to set up Best, where he really should have done better, and the Colo corner was terrific as well.

Pathetic.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

f*** off.

What is drivel? Where was the end product today? I can very easily have forgotten it, but I can't remember a single good cross or pass.

Watch the game again mate, I'm quite certain your opinion will change. Seriously.

I probably will in due time. Still, no one has been able to say when he set up a chance today.

I gave him a 6, which is average and what a player deserves if he does a few good things but in the end has no end product. I didn't call him shit, I didn't say he played shit today. I've said he was average.

Hope Ireland can still shoot as our forward line is a fucking embarrassment.  And please Ben Arfa come back soon.

Why Pardew didn't just play Nolan off Best and had Guthrie in midfield to start. Then Swap Best with Ranger later on is beyond me.

Probably because Nolan is a better centre midfielder than Guthrie and cause Nolan isn't very effective behind a lone striker.

What? so when he was playing off Carroll earlier this season he was rubbish? Have a word

Pathetic.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

Pathetic.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

f*** off.

Watch the game again mate, I'm quite certain your opinion will change. Seriously.

I probably will in due time. Still, no one has been able to say when he set up a chance today.

I gave him a 6, which is average and what a player deserves if he does a few good things but in the end has no end product. I didn't call him s***, I didn't say he played s*** today. I've said he was average.

But compared to the ratings you gave to some of our other players that is very harsh.

Pathetic.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

Pathetic.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

f*** off.

He ran Salgado ragged man and put in a number of good balls into the box. He also held the ball well and worked well with Enrique to create space for himself and Jose to utilise.

He also fluffed a shot and one or two crosses but that doesn't mean he had a poor game and had no end product, most players that play on the wing have low end product, that is the nature of crossing balls into the box.

Some of his link-up play with Enrique to create space was delightful.

I'm not the only one saying he had a decent game today.

Was involved in a lovely move with Simpson and Tiote down the right n all.

Hope Ireland can still shoot as our forward line is a fucking embarrassment.  And please Ben Arfa come back soon.

Why Pardew didn't just play Nolan off Best and had Guthrie in midfield to start. Then Swap Best with Ranger later on is beyond me.

Probably because Nolan is a better centre midfielder than Guthrie and cause Nolan isn't very effective behind a lone striker.

What? so when he was playing off Carroll earlier this season he was rubbish? Have a word

Yeah, that is just what I said.

What the hell is it with people not being able to read today?

Hope Ireland can still shoot as our forward line is a f***ing embarrassment.  And please Ben Arfa come back soon.

Tbf most of his goals come when he is playing as a central midfielder and can make use of the free space between the two central defenders. Play him off 1 man up top and the other centre back picks him up easily.

Pathetic.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

Pathetic.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

f*** off.

I gave him a 6, which is average and what a player deserves if he does a few good things but in the end has no end product. I didn't call him s***, I didn't say he played s*** today. I've said he was average.

But compared to the ratings you gave to some of our other players that is very harsh.

He got 1 point less than Barton and Nolan. I may have been a bit generous with Nolan, he wasn't involved in much today, but he helped Tiote control the midfield.

:idiot2:

You been listening to an ABBA Album backwards again.

Pathetic.

He did nowt man.

Utter nonsense.

He was average and carried by Enrique, who had a fucking subliminal game.

Fair do's, he got lucky with Colo corner like IMO. Yes it was worked on but Colo went beyond the call of duty being able to fashion a chance from it. Arrived at him waist high.

That said I think with Barton, Enrique & Jonas today - a lot of balls went in near post area and only once (when Lovenkrands missed the ball from that curved Enrique ball) did the strikers get across their man to attack which is absolutely criminal.

EDIT: massive quoting fail but you know what you said.

Hope Ireland can still shoot as our forward line is a f***ing embarrassment.  And please Ben Arfa come back soon.

Maybe the same thing that stopped you from being able to watch the match properly?

:fishing:

:idiot2:

You been listening to an ABBA Album backwards again.

What? :lol:

IIRC, Nolan's only goals this season when playing behind a lone striker was in the Villa game, the rest have come from midfield. He is far more effective when he's played in the centre, as like Greg said, he's too easy for defenders to pick up when he's played behind the strikers.

Not seen anything yet, just followed on here and on the radio. I'd have taken a point before the game given our previous away performance but we really need to start turning dominance of games into wins because eventually they'll start to turn into defeats and we're only five points off the drop (ok, six with goal difference). Desperate for Ben Arfa to come in, either to give us the quality to create chances that even our strikers can't miss or to just give us that moment of magic like against Everton.

Disgusting not to sign a proper striker in January, regardless of where Carroll was and whether he was injured or not. Really disrespectful to both the supporters and the players, who must be pig sick of playing so well and getting nothing more than a point out of it.

Good enough for me Today. I think it's a little too simplistic to complain that our strikers are shit and thats why we didn't win Today. For me, having Best and Love together upfront is an issue because it leaves us with no target, even the shittest of target man would've been a lot more useful than Love was Today.

Anyway, another day maybe we would've scored 5, but not Today. Ach well.

He got 1 point less than Barton and Nolan. I may have been a bit generous with Nolan, he wasn't involved in much today, but he helped Tiote control the midfield.

Nolan had a shocker today, he did nothing that I can remember.