Birmingham City v Newcastle United Tuesday 15th February 19:45

QBG

Having seen our bench against Blackburn we have very few options when it comes to squad rotation. Steve and Ryan Taylor are due back soon. Apart from them it's a few weeks until Ireland is due to be fit. I guess the only other players likely to be back before the end of the season are Ameobi and Ben Arfa.

Why did Simpson go off against Blackburn? Injured? I suppose Perch will take Simpson's place and there will be no changes to the starting 11 apart from that. I guess we'll see Kuqi and Ranger come on earlier than they did against Blackburn.

Not sure about Simpson but just assumed it was because he was booked. ( Guess he wasn't booked, thought he was. ) Fuck knaa's maybe was injured then, I hope he's back for Tuesday anyway.

He went off injured.

Pardew said today that Simpson had cramp and that's why he was taken off. He said he would be back for the Birmingham game: -

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/14/liverpool-keep-eye-on-superb-jose-enrique-72703-28166730/

Pardew is confident Danny Simpson will be fit for tomorrow’s clash at Birmingham after the right-back retired early with cramp on Saturday.

Pardew added: “Danny just cramped up and so would anybody else.

“He will be fine to play at Birmingham.”

If we are leading by more than 1 goal and Oba scores at the end then his goal should be cheered, well thats probably more of a case for the game at SJP. But it should be Lee Clark applauded if he scores without it meaning anything bad against us.

If we are leading by more than 1 goal and Oba scores at the end then his goal should be cheered, well thats probably more of a case for the game at SJP. But it should be Lee Clark applauded if he scores without it meaning anything bad against us.

What the flying fanackapants does this mean?

Guest Alan_Shearer

Does anyone know what the access to the squad coach is like at St Andrews? I fancy hanging around after to get pics with the players if the public have access to it. At The Hawthorns there was no way i think, but it's easy to at The Reebok for example.

Guest pont-toon

that only makes sense if one inhales copious amounts of "Evo Stick" products

Christ I hope you've been drinking

"I have good memories of Newcastle - the only bad memory was when we got relegated.

"It was normal when I left because they couldn't afford the money.

"That's why they asked me to go.

"I didn't say anything. The club asked me to go and called me when Wolfsburg came in.

"Andy Carroll went and he deserved to go because he has been playing well scoring goals.

"But I don't know what I am going to expect.

"I hope they give me a good reception and I would be glad if they did."

"We kept asking ourselves why we were relegated and we didn't even know ourselves why.

"We didn't know what was wrong with the team.

"There was a problem with the chairman as we didn't know whether he was going to stay or sell.

"Alan Shearer tried to save the team but he didn't.

"It was a sad story. It was definitely the lowest point of my career. It was painful when we got relegated.

"Just because I left there that wasn't it, it was painful for about seven months.

"I was still thinking how we got relegated. It was very very sad."

"I have been watching his [barton] game and he has been doing quite well. He doesn't have a problem with anybody.

"He seems happy, when he is happy he is fine. Of course he is a great player and I hope England are going to call him."

Whenever papers publish these long interviews with Oba, I struggle to imagine all of these words coming out of his mouth. I wonder who did the translation. :lol:

Hate that he has decided to tell the same lie as Carroll. Is anyone foolish enough to believe that he had any intention of staying with us in the Championship? I've always liked him, but that is just a lie.

"he deserved to go".

hopefully that just got lost in translation.....

I assume it means 'he earned a big move'?

yeh maybe.  he could've worded it better, this sounds like he'd earned an early release from prison or something.