Newcastle United vs Bolton Wanderers, Saturday (26/2/11) Pre-match thread.

Stifler

I'm driving back up from Oxford on Saturday morning, hoping I'll get back in time.

shhhh, keefaz'll want a lift.

If it meant some free guitar lessons (and a blowjob) I'd happily give him a lift.

Tough game to call, given Boltons recent poor form (certainly in the league and even more certainly away in the league), I don't expect many goals in this one.

I'll plump for a 1-0 home win.

God i really hope we win this one. It'll be a real statement of intent re: Europe.

Harper

Simpson - Williamson - Coloccini - Enrique

Barton - Nolan - Tiote - Gutierrez

Best - Lovenkrands

We're coming off the back of three very, very strong performances (two and a half i suppose). Confidence should be sky-high at the moment and i desperately hope Best continues his good form. I'm afraid of it being one of those cagey encounters where we create chances but just fail to score. A la Sunderland, Tottenham and Blackburn. Best and Lovenkrands have got the mantle (piece) at the moment, and it's their duty to keep it up. They're both capable of scoring because we've seen it. If the service is good we should win the game.

Excited. :aww:

1-0 us. Best.

Tooj, do you live in Oxford by any chance? Only ask as I've not long moved down here and have yet to find a fellow Toon fan. Am a relatively new poster (long time member/viewer) so I'm unfamiliar with the PM-ing thing, but if you're ever willing to share a lift I'd be up for that! Costing me a bloody fortune in travel lately.

Can you do your grooming somewhere else?

Guest Tall Striker

Always tricky to play against Bolton, can't see many goals or a clear winner- 1-1

They've lost 6 away league games in a row, so should be there for the taking. Unfortunately, this is all set up for a classic 0-1 defeat.

Just a quick question I booked my ticket for the Bolton game the same time as I booked seat's for me and my mate for the Everton game, I'm a 12th man member so I'm used to just having the ticket loaded onto my smart card, I've received the receipt today but his paper ticket isn't included do they sometimes post them separate because I'm sure in the past they've been included with the receipt.

Just a quick question I booked my ticket for the Bolton game the same time as I booked seat's for me and my mate for the Everton game, I'm a 12th man member so I'm used to just having the ticket loaded onto my smart card, I've received the receipt today but his paper ticket isn't included do they sometimes post them separate because I'm sure in the past they've been included with the receipt.

Not sure what is the norm but someone I know booked 4 away tickets recently and they all arrived separately.

Bolton aren't a daft side by any stretch of the imagination but they've generally been abysmal away from home this season. It's not going to be a walkover but it's the ilk of game a team aiming for top half of the table should be looking to take maximum points from.

Bolton aren't a daft side by any stretch of the imagination but they've generally been abysmal away from home this season. It's not going to be a walkover but it's the ilk of game a team aiming for top half of the table should be looking to take maximum points from.

Well, we have lost our 6 away league games, but then again they have been Man City, Sunderland, Chelsea, Liverpool, Stoke and Spurs. 2 away wins in succession in the cup suggests we might be getting a bit of form back.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/02/23/hatem-ben-arfa-targeting-return-for-wolves-72703-28218504/2/#ixzz1EoP309n6

And there was further good news today, with Steven Taylor coming through an intensive training session for the second day running following a hamstring problem which has ruled him out since the win over West Ham in early January.

Also looking sharp during the session was Ryan Taylor, who has not played in the first team since October.

The Scouser’s season was cut short after just four appearances but he made his comeback last week against Bedlington Terriers in the reserve team’s Northumberland Cup win.

Pardew said: “Ryan is back and available and he will be looking forward to it, of course.”

But Danny Guthrie is not looking good to face his old club. Pardew admitted: “Danny will not be involved on Saturday.

Tim Krul has a little knock but he’ll be OK.

Peter Lovenkrands will be fine, I’m sure of it.”

I don't know what's wrong with Guthrie but with Tiote 1 yellow card off a two game ban I hope it's nothing serious.