Newcastle United vs Everton, Saturday (05/03/11) Pre-match thread.

Skeletor

I hope that Ranger is starting, he seems to have done everything asked of him and deserves his chance in reward.

Agreed (although I still have a slight inkling that his impact is partly down to tired legs).

Will be "not good enough" for a few again though if he doesn't do well.

Agreed (although I still have a slight inkling that his impact is partly down to tired legs).

Will be "not good enough" for a few again though if he doesn't do well.

I have faith that he'll come good with a run of games, he'll need to get used to those around him, when to time runs, what passes others look to make, etc.

I hope that Ranger is starting, he seems to have done everything asked of him and deserves his chance in reward.

Ditto! Ranger had not much to show for when he met a team similar to Everton, Fulham.  Ranger needs his physicality to gain a good advantage, which he's not getting if he's starting. I hope for Shola and Best on top. Ranger can come on during 2nd half.

Ditto! Ranger had not much to show for when he met a team similar to Everton, Fulham.  Ranger needs his physicality to gain a good advantage, which he's not getting if he's starting. I hope for Shola and Best on top. Ranger can come on during 2nd half.

The Fulham game was an absolutely crap team performance, you can't judge Ranger on that.

Ditto! Ranger had not much to show for when he met a team similar to Everton, Fulham.  Ranger needs his physicality to gain a good advantage, which he's not getting if he's starting. I hope for Shola and Best on top. Ranger can come on during 2nd half.

The Fulham game was an absolutely crap team performance, you can't judge Ranger on that.

Aye and against a really organised defence as well.

To some extent I agree. But Everton is a physical and defensive team, and right now Ranger is mostly about physical presence and terrorizing the defense. However, if he starts, he will start to feel the fatigue approx. simultaneously with Everton's defenders. Accordingly he will never get the upper hand. On the other hand, if Rangers is a substitute,  he will be lively and fresh when he enters, while the defenders start to feel tired. It's this difference in energy that tilts the game in Ranger's advantage.

Ranger is the only impact substitute we have, who is truly able to change the game when needed (Bolton, Lpool, Arsenal). That's why it's better to save him and put  him on when the game needs to change character or when the other attackers are getting tired.

Ditto! Ranger had not much to show for when he met a team similar to Everton, Fulham.  Ranger needs his physicality to gain a good advantage, which he's not getting if he's starting. I hope for Shola and Best on top. Ranger can come on during 2nd half.

To some extent I agree. But Everton is a physical and defensive team, and right now Ranger is mostly about physical presence and terrorizing the defense. However, if he starts, he will start to feel the fatigue approx. simultaneously with Everton's defenders. Accordingly he will never get the upper hand. On the other hand, if Rangers is a substitute,  he will be lively and fresh when he enters, while the defenders start to feel tired. It's this difference in energy that tilts the game in Ranger's advantage.

Ranger is the only impact substitute we have, who is truly able to change the game when needed (Bolton, Lpool, Arsenal). That's why it's better to save him and put  him on when the game needs to change character or when the other attackers are getting tired.

His only advantage is that he comes on when defenders are tired?  What?  You don't think he has any other attributes?

He will feel fatigue when the defenders do?  How's that? Is he not younger and fitter than most CBs?

lee_ryder

Lee Ryder

#nufc Harper S Taylor Williamson Colo Enrique Simpson Nolan Tiote Jonas Best Lovenkrands

Taylor right back, Simpson on the wing if 4-4-2 or more likely 3-5-2 as has been said