Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest neesy111

Hasn't had a good transfer window since the Cabaye HBA (permanent) one.

We should have re-signed Cabaye.

Nope.

Why not?

He's not worth 100k a week.

Guest firetotheworks

Hasn't had a good transfer window since the Cabaye HBA (permanent) one.

We should have re-signed Cabaye.

Nope.

Why not?

He's not worth 100k a week.

What difference does the money make to us?

If you'd said you don't like his attitude/refusal to play then I'd understand like, but the whole players being worth x,y, or z means nothing anymore, especially under Ashley.

Thing is, we don't know how far down the list these were. Especially with a tight-fisted Ashley.

Having said that, almost all recent signings have been shocking and he deserves a chunk of the blame.

If we're still spending more than other teams, it doesn't matter if they are Carr's tenth or eleventh choice. He should get us players that are better than other teams. He should also get us players for the positions we need.

Watford managed to sign most of their squad in the summer and they have twice as many points and are organized/professional enough to concede half as many goals.

He'd be our best player by a mile. Given our highest earners are probably in the £60-65k bracket, I don't think that wage is unreasonable.

Agreed. The £13Mil on Thauvin would have been better spend on Cabaye as he is the type of player our midfield is crying out for.

I forgot the time he was owner and chairman of the club.

I still think he needs to go too, but if you're going to criticize him then you should probably do so on his actual role of scout, not deal negotiator.

He does have one recent saving grace which is that he wanted to sign Dele Alli long before others were interested but Charnley wouldn't pay the asking price.

But otherwise the rest are shit or not rocket science to sign.

No way Mitrovic, Wijnaldum, Mbema and Thauvin are 4th or 5th choices. 

The first three have been decent so far, the most problematic players are the ones who've either been here for a while or were chucked in because we were too tight to replace a player - Coloccini, Sissoko, Dummett, Tiote, Colback (Pardew's choice), Cisse.

No way Mitrovic, Wijnaldum, Mbema and Thauvin are 4th or 5th choices. 

The first three have been decent so far, the most problematic players are the ones who've either been here for a while or were chucked in because we were too tight to replace a player - Coloccini, Sissoko, Dummett, Tiote, Colback (Pardew's choice), Cisse.

I like them all as players but they haven't been decent so far.

Mitrovic was brought in to score goals and be a focal point of our attack. Scored a few but hasn't delivered. He's 21 and new  to the league so that shouldn't be a surprise. Not what was needed due to age..

Wijnaldum. I hope he was brought in as a CM but he doesn't even play there for us. If he's  not scoring goals he's totally anonymous. We needed a central midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and work hard for the team. We basically needed a Yohan Cabaye. Not what was needed.

Mbemba - We needed a strong defender who is good in the air. Mbemba is neither. He hasn't improved us at all. He's a decent Coloccini. Bullied by your Wickham's, Igahlo's, Deeney's etc. not top class strikers at all. A fit Taylor would've been better than this guy. Talented player but not what was needed.

Doubt we'll gonna much on top of 13m we paid for Mitrovic, but hey agendas !

It's the Thauvin transfer that gets me. Mitrovic is in many ways what we needed physically and technically. He's just green. We needed someone to take some of the burden away from him. Instead we get another young lad from another division who thinks he's a #10.