Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest bimpy474

Were not spending more than £5m on a third/fourth choice CB. Not a chance.

Wouldn't surprise me if we go back in with a lower offer to Douglas.

I would have thought the main reason we aren't signing Douglas would be because Colo is staying. With Mapou and Saylor i just can't see us signing another CB you could call first choice. Be it Douglas or Tomkins and whatever our opinion on either, both of them wouldn't be joining to be third/fourth choice.

If we dont lose our three main centre halves,  ill totally understand signing an understudy to them. I just don't trust Kinnear and Pardew to pick the right person.

Guest Yanga

Willamson looks like a decent player when playing alongside Colo - much better pairing than Taylor & Colo.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Willamson looks like a decent player when playing alongside Colo - much better pairing than Taylor & Colo.

Boumsong would look good next to Colo. A fucking scarecrow would.

Guest Haris Vuckic

He does like. :lol:

It's trendy to have a pop at Taylor these days but he looks much better with Coloccini.

Guest Yanga

It's trendy to have a pop at Taylor these days but he looks much better with Coloccini.

Don't see the difference, personally. He's just as erratic - Colo's calming influence doesn't seem to have the same effect on Taylor that it does on others. Taylor has a tendency to step up and his poor positional decisions are a liability.

He'd ideally be fourth choice, with a Douglas type in at third.

Seeing as most people were licking his ring piece last season I don't think that it is. Especially not compared with the abuse that Williamson got.

Seeing as most people were licking his ring piece last season I don't think that it is. Especially not compared with the abuse that Williamson got.

Yeah but you hate seeing him get any praise, even when he deserves it.  :lol:

I'm back to full on Pardew out :lol:

just go.

I'm proud to say I never wavered for an instant in wanting Pardew out, even when the Kinnear bombshell struck. The reason for that is my belief that Pardew is a tremendously clueless manager. Ranks down there with Souness in my book, the only reason that the Scot wins the infamy battle is because he was horrible as well as dim.

Guest neesy111

Taylor's better in every respect, man.

Williamson has better positional sense.

neither are good enough.

Is the correct answer.